• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I've Been Nominated to Run for the NRA Board

GOAL

NES Member
Jim Wallace of GOAL Nominated to Run for NRA Board 2020 Election

Well folks, its official. I have been nominated to run for the Board of Directors for the National Rifle Association. A few months ago, I was contacted by some friends and colleagues from around the country. They asked if I was interested in running for the NRA Board of Directors. I have had the pleasure on serving on a few committees with the NRA, but never the board. After some discussion with family and friends I have decided to accept the challenge.

With nearly twenty years of experience fighting for our rights in a Second Amendment battle ground state, I will take that experience with me if elected to the NRA Board. It is crucial for those of us “behind enemy lines” to have a national voice in our efforts to protect and restore freedom. If elected, I hope to use the position to do just that. My duties at GOAL will not change other than this potential new position will increase GOAL’s presence on a nationwide stage.

I would like to thank everyone for their past support of GOAL and myself, I look forward to your support in this new chapter of my Second Amendment advocacy.

If you get elected to the board, please work to reform the NRA. The board needs to be 1/10th of its current size. The conflicts of interest must end. The NRA shouldn’t be a piggy bank for executives and board members. And LaPierre has to go. Please be part of the solution and don’t get corrupted by the current regime.

I can’t vote after dropping my membership over the BS but if YOU run I would seriously consider rejoining IF there was a solid move to remove Wayne.
Would you leave GOAL? If so what might be the replacement plan?
GOAL, GOA, SAM and Comm2A are more in my headlights.

I’m sorry I had to edit only to add congratulations.

You are joining the NRA board? You must be a sleazy two-timing no gooder!

Pig pile!

J/K good luck! And tell Wayne to eat a BOD on our behalf.

Do you have to be a life member to be able to vote?
Unless things have changed in the past few years, I believe you have to have at least a 5 year membership or longer to vote. You'l know if you're eligible when the time comes though, because they'll send the ballot to you inside whatever NRA magazine you've subscribed to.

Do you have Nominating Comittee endorsement? If not, you are the longest of longshots (and I will bullet vote for you; more effective than also voting for your opponents).

Once in, will you bring up issues like excessive compensation packages knowing it will mean you are a one term board member, or will you go along to get along? That is a serious question; not a rhetorical one.
You are joining the NRA board? You must be a sleazy two-timing no gooder!
He will not get the nominating committee endorsement if the NRA leadership thinks there is any chance he will work to change things, and most members do as they are told and vote for the recommended candidates.

Last edited:
Congratulations Jim Wallace on accepting this new challenge! I think we all are wondering what will happen with GOAL and maybe at the moment you can't answer that question....

Last edited:
Anyway to get the word out on other gun forums around the country....We need Jim on that board.

No disrespect intended, but Jim has a serious choice to make in the very unlikely event he gets elected:

1. Discuss solving problems like multi-million dollar compensation packages and get nowhere as he is ignored by a go along to get along board, many of whom are celebrity window dressing and don't even show up for meetings. By doing so, he will assure he is never re-elected.

2 Lay low and don;t rock the boat so he can get that all-important nominating committee endorsement.

Neither leads to effective change, unless there is a sweeping replacement of yes men/women that renders conclusion in #1 inaccurate.

Back
Top Bottom