• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

It's time we start using Gunpal

So, you green members know that I am running the WOA barrel group buy. I wanted to do electronic payment but wanted to avoid paypal. That didn't leave too many options. So I started looking into gunpal.net. It is not widely accepted on gun broker, yet, but it really looked good. I signed up, dug around and it is seems like it is a very capable paypal substitute. I did some digging and it looks professionally run. I don't like the $1k monthly limit on withdrawals but that is easily bypassed by putting in both a CC and a bank account. And it is wiped away completely by entering a SS# and signing up as a business (you don't have to be a business it appears, just give up the SS# and you are all set).

One other cool thing is that firearms related non profits benefit with every transaction and you can choose which one with every transaction. I already dropped a hint to Mike S about getting the GOAL Foundation up there. Maybe Derek can get his NES fund up there when that gets going too.

Gunpal is run by a bunch of Calguns folks and it seems to be a professional organization with bankers, lawyers, silicon valley tech leaders, etc. Not some fly by night operation. I plan on using it for the WOA barrel group buy. I will let you know how it goes.

I know I want a paypal alternative because just this week I had to go to the PO to get a MO for a purchase from another NES member and it was a PITA. The PO was closed for lunch when I got there and I had to wait. I would love for more of us to use some sort of online payment scheme that doesn't threaten to shut us down and blacklist us.

Hopefully more of us can start using this. We need 21st century alternatives to the idiots at ebay for sure.

+1 for this. I have heard of some members having their paypal accounts suspended by using it for transactions involving firearms or any related accessories as they supposedly have a very strict anti-gun policy. I signed up for gunpal last week and recently completed my first transaction using it. Works much like paypal and I plan on using it exclusively for any firearms related purchases I make in the future

I think paypal sucks. I just sold a bunch of stuff on ebay this week and had a decent chunk of cash on my paypal debit/credit card.

I couldn't use paypal to buy any stuff on gunbroker, so what I did was use it as a credit card at the gun shop and picked up an old Mossberg today.

Paypal wont let you use your paypal balance to buy a gun online, but they cant stop you from using it as a mastercard at a gun shop.

[smile]

After the delays I had in signong up as mentioned in the other thread, I did get everything all squared away and am set up to use it. I just haven't had a need to use it yet.

there are, however several times that I've used paypal, that I would have preferred to use gunpal, but couldn't.

It needs to be made available in more places and get it's name out there.

I am behind the idea of GunPal, but it needs a little momentum and adoption amongst many before it becomes practical to me. Run a couple group buys through it, and I think we'll hit a significant enough adoption rate and have enough feedback to know whether it'll work for us/you/me. So I say go for it.

Just to give you all an update. I completed my first transaction on gunpal last week with another NESr and it went smooth as pie. I believe he is subscribed to this thread so maybe he can jump in and give some feedback for the receiving side of the equation.

I used Gunpal the other day for the first time, in the [STRIKE] NES [/STRIKE][STRIKE]patches group buy, IIRC[/STRIKE] TVI Rifle raffle. Went through fine. I used a credit card as the funding source. I'll wait a while to see how they do before I link a bank account to it. It seemed user-friendly, and I liked their policy of paying for anything that is legal. No political or PC bull$hit.

Last edited:
GUNPAL good, bad anyone been useing it

As it comes to be Im haveing better luck finding what I need on line. On line gun auctions that is. So far I have good luck with auctionarms...now they are the only ones that I have seen advertise for gunpal. Im all set and readt to go I just need to do the CC confirmation......I sell a lot of stuff on ebay and use paypal....I know many do not like it. It does work for me. I have made extra coin to fund my hobbies even with the fees. I have sold more items for higher prices on ebay than any other method.

Back
Top Bottom