• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

It's time..... The movement.

I have a ton of respect for the Founding Fathers, but that's not a good, modern focus. If you're looking for a modern day call to action, referencing the Founders may not provide the modern emphasis needed. I think this is especially true when you consider that one of the main criticisms we'll battle is that the Constitution and 2A rights are an anachronism from a bygone age.

I know it sounds trite, but the "them" should be the next generation, not us. We, as the legatees of our fathers, have already enjoyed the rights they fought for, my dad was a WW II vet, and now it's our responsibility to ensure our children enjoy the rights that were passed to us.

We need to explain why protecting the 2A is important for the next generation. That's a message with the potential to bridge the chasm and motivate.

How about... "The Bill of Rights... They created it for us. We defend it for those who follow."

I like this.

Now, as to a photo, I would incorporate something with a father and daughter (yes, we should do everything we can to suck women into the org.). Perhaps start with a younger father in Vietnam or WW II and fading to the older dad teaching her to hunt or shoot trap. Wish I had even a shred of artistic ability. LOL

Exactly my thought. Something like this.
minute-man-lg_zpsc5e97c7b.jpg

The Irish fought the Brits too. I suppose his soundtrack could go a bit like this if modified. I like the sentiment. (I love ira music haha)

Last edited by a moderator:
I like this.

Now, as to a photo, I would incorporate something with a father and daughter (yes, we should do everything we can to suck women into the org.). Perhaps start with a younger father in Vietnam or WW II and fading to the older dad teaching her to hunt or shoot trap. Wish I had even a shred of artistic ability. LOL

Like this - or something like it.

Anybody subscribe to Guns & Ammo, or other gun magazine?
See the Taurus Adds w/ Jessie Duff "I Carry. It's my choice. It's my right. It's my Taurus. Carry On"

www.CarryOnMovement.com

http://www.carryonmovement.com/jessie
[video=youtube_share;yPZQtkMDMCE]http://youtu.be/yPZQtkMDMCE[/video]

Last edited:
I'd be in for helping with speech writing and gathering research, also if interested I can be a point of contact with the Mass Libertarian Party, not sure if you would want to bring the Libertarian Party into this movement tho...

Had this thought... Picture of minute man and an everyday Joe. Caption reads... "The Bill of Rights... They created it for us. We defend it for them."
i like this.

I have a ton of respect for the Founding Fathers, but that's not a good, modern focus. If you're looking for a modern day call to action, referencing the Founders may not provide the modern emphasis needed. I think this is especially true when you consider that one of the main criticisms we'll battle is that the Constitution and 2A rights are an anachronism from a bygone age.

I know it sounds trite, but the "them" should be the next generation, not us. We, as the legatees of our fathers, have already enjoyed the rights they fought for, my dad was a WW II vet, and now it's our responsibility to ensure our children enjoy the rights that were passed to us.

We need to explain why protecting the 2A is important for the next generation. That's a message with the potential to bridge the chasm and motivate.

Very good point. A great deal of people are out of touch / don't care about the past and a message focusing on something that happened 200+ years ago is irrelevant to them.

Bear with me, this is going to be long! Also, i have not verified these quotes

I think we should incorporate some of the original intent of the 2nd.

I'm constantly hearing about the definition of regulated, militia, what do arms mean, etc.

I'm also hearing people say that the 2nd only applies to muskets since it was written when no semi-autos were around.

I'm not saying I agree, I'm just relay the resistance I've been experiencing. I did however see these quotes in the comments of CNN.

"On every question of construction (of the Constitution) let us carry ourselves back to the time when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates, and instead of trying what meaning may be squeezed out of the text, or invented against it, conform to the probable one in which it was passed." (Thomas Jefferson, letter to William Johnson, June 12, 1823, The Complete Jefferson, p. 322)

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Co-author of the Second Amendment
during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788

"The great object is that every man be armed" and "everyone who is able may have a gun." (Patrick Henry, in the Virginia Convention on the ratification of the Constitution. Debates and other Proceedings of the Convention of Virginia,...taken in shorthand by David Robertson of Petersburg, at 271, 275 2d ed. Richmond, 1805. Also 3 Elliot, Debates at 386)

"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." (Alexander Hamilton, The Federalist Papers at 184-8)

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers #46 at 243-244)

"A militia, when properly formed, are in fact the people themselves …"
Richard Henry Lee
writing in Letters from the Federal Farmer to the Republic, Letter XVIII, May, 1788.

"The people are not to be disarmed of their weapons. They are left in full possession of them."
Zachariah Johnson
Elliot's Debates, vol. 3 "The Debates in the Several State Conventions on the Adoption of the Federal Constitution."

"… the people are confirmed by the next article in their right to keep and bear their private arms"
Philadelphia Federal Gazette
June 18, 1789, Pg. 2, Col. 2
Article on the Bill of Rights

"And that the said Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the Press, or the rights of Conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms; …"
Samuel Adams
quoted in the Philadelphia Independent Gazetteer, August 20, 1789, "Propositions submitted to the Convention of this State"

"Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed; as they are in almost every kingdom of Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any bands of regular troops that can be, on any pretense, raised in the United States" (Noah Webster in `An Examination into the Leading Principles of the Federal Constitution', 1787, a pamphlet aimed at swaying Pennsylvania toward ratification, in Paul Ford, ed., Pamphlets on the Constitution of the United States, at 56(New York, 1888))

"Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American... The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state government, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people" (Tench Coxe, Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788)

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike especially when young, how to use them." (Richard Henry Lee, 1788, Initiator of the Declaration of Independence, and member of the first Senate, which passed the Bill of Rights, Walter Bennett, ed., Letters from the Federal Farmer to the Republican, at 21,22,124 (Univ. of Alabama Press,1975)..)

"No kingdom can be secured otherwise than by arming the people. The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave. He, who has nothing, and who himself belongs to another, must be defended by him, whose property he is, and needs no arms. But he, who thinks he is his own master, and has what he can call his own, ought to have arms to defend himself, and what he possesses; else he lives precariously, and at discretion." (James Burgh, Political Disquisitions: Or, an Enquiry into Public Errors, Defects, and Abuses [London, 1774-1775])

"To prohibit a citizen from wearing or carrying a war arm . . . is an unwarranted restriction upon the constitutional right to keep and bear arms. If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of constitutional privilege." [Wilson v. State, 33 Ark. 557, at 560, 34 Am. Rep. 52, at 54 (1878)]

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

Last edited:
I'd be in for helping with speech writing and gathering research, also if interested I can be a point of contact with the Mass Libertarian Party, not sure if you would want to bring the Libertarian Party into this movement tho...

If we don't want to involve Libertarians then I guess I would be excluded along with a whole lt of others on this forum.

I hope this isn't a dupe but I couldn't get through all the pages. There is a group organizing a peaceful march on every state capital building on Feb. 8th at 10am. Link to the Facebook page here.

If you Google "2a protest state capitals Feb 8" you will find alot of forums/websites/chatter about it. Is this something we should look into promoting?? Is this what we should get behind?

I am going to start a thread about this march in general discussion also.

I hope this isn't a dupe but I couldn't get through all the pages. There is a group organizing a peaceful march on every state capital building on Feb. 8th at 10am. Link to the Facebook page here.

Wow, you're late to that party! We're hoping Capone will show up and shed some light on that whole thing. FAP didn't have a happy ending.

...if interested I can be a point of contact with the Mass Libertarian Party, not sure if you would want to bring the Libertarian Party into this movement tho...

Well, I wouldn't invite the Mass Libertarian Party to participate. I'd ask the members of the Mass Libertarian Party that are liked minded on 2A rights to support the group. Just as I would ask the Mass Democrats and Mass Republicans to participate.

It should be an organization advancing 2A rights, not a party or ideological platform. Just my 2 cents...

You want to send a REAL message? Liquidate! Stop funding you're 401k's sell all stocks, sell Bonds, sell IRA's sell Mutual funds sell the Barn if you will. I talk to people daily, some who haven't paid a Mortgage in almost 4 YEARS! and still living in the home. Bottom line sell it all!

Government cannot be fixed from the inside it has to be fixed from the Outside first. I am in the final phase of my liquidation Do your part and stop feeding the host!

That's really a good point. But it's plainly obvious that there are lot of people who won't do that - and the evidence is that you can't even get a good portion of people to dump freaking Bank of America, no matter how badly the bank porks them over.

That's really a good point. But it's plainly obvious that there are lot of people who won't do that - and the evidence is that you can't even get a good portion of people to dump freaking Bank of America, no matter how badly the bank porks them over.

I don't get it either. I work with a guy who banks there, and he's always griping about them. Hasn't swapped his accounts yet although he swears he will. LOL

Just found this thread. Unfortunately, I will not be available this Saturday. I will keep an eye on the progress here as we are trying to get a peaceful demonstration going on 01/19. I will be working all day tomorrow on the details of that.

I have a feeling there is a meeting however only a selected few will be attending. This is only speculation.... I have no real information on this.

I did not volunteer any "I can do this or that" so I guess I would not be invited. I will be an additional boot on the ground though. Just let me know when and where.

I have a feeling there is a meeting however only a selected few will be attending. This is only speculation.... I have no real information on this.

I did not volunteer any "I can do this or that" so I guess I would not be invited. I will be an additional boot on the ground though. Just let me know when and where.

We're trying, if you'd like to attend and have some ideas or are proficient with your computer for data collection pm me. I wanted to keep it to a small group this time around for the sake of efficiency. Once things have somewhat of a foundation it's all hands on deck and I'll need every person available.

- sent from forum runner using chisel and slate

Here are a few Pro2A twitter accounts. Will add more later but got to run.

@NRA
@NRANews
@SaS2AFoundation
@StandUp4America
@2ndAmendment
@2ndRight
@StopTheDecline
@dmbatten
@USACarry
@benshapiro
@TexasRV
@themick1962