• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

It's started already, good-by reloading

clerk.mvgc

NES Member
If the owners of this website are allowed to push their agenda.

http://ammunitionaccountability.org/Legislation.htm

There is a contact button on this site. I'm asking each of you to take a moment and write them with your feelings on the legislation they're pushing. If each of us writes and can get 10 gun owning friends to write and they each get friends, well you get the idea. At the very least they're going to spend a lot of time deleting emails.

Below is a copy of what I wrote, feel free to plagerize as you desire.

You should be ashamed to foist such garbage upon the public. It would be the simplest of matters to remove the bullet, destroy the coding and reinsert the bullet. Who would go to such trouble? A criminal. The law abiding will simply use his ammunition lawfully. The cost of this coding and the attendant record keeping is much higher than you represent. Once again the law abiding Americans are be asked to bear more than their share of the burden because of criminals. Please don't forget that lawful gun owners have to be, given the restrictions within the law, the most well behaved, law abiding Americans to even qualify to buy a gun in the first place.

Since 90% + gun related crimes are perpetrated with stolen firearms, what's to stop the criminals from stealing the lawful gun owners ammunition along with their firearms?? There goes any chance of tracing of the ammo back to the shooter.

Stop hiding behind the lies contained within your policies and just state the truth that you don't support the 2nd amendment. Well, guess what, you don't get to pick which amendments you like and which you don't, it's all or nothing. The first amendment gives you the right to have this website to advance your agenda, it is an important right to you. The 2nd amendment is equally important to a legion (millions) of American gun owners.

I know my letter will have little effect upon you, if you even bother to read it in it's entirety. But know this. There ARE millions of gun owners in the US and we will not allow such ridiculous legislation to be passed with out a fight of epic proportions.

You will be hearing from many of those law abiding citizens soon.

What a load of crap [frown]
I noticed that Massachusetts is shaded in red, but NOT shown in the list of states. I guess they automatically assume that Mass will jump right on this bandwagon, and they're probably right.....
Does anyone remember back when gun dealers had to keep ammunition sales logs? Even Massachusetts finally figured out how assinine and useless this practice was and did away with it. How do they figure that this retarded scheme will help prevent or solve any crimes?
Did anyone tell them that ammunition loaded 50 years ago will still shoot just fine today........and tomorrow?

Frank Zappa (God Rest His Soul) is getting a lot of mileage out of this tagline.

-

Emails to their site are bouncing now, hopefully we crashed their mail server or at least sent them a message.

There was a news article a couple years ago about the Canadian government's law to register all firearms. They set up a computer system, which was budgeted at 100 million dollars, and ended up spending 2 billion dollars. They reported that no crimes had actually been solved using the system.

Idiots.

I wonder how many crimes the Mass. CHSB records have solved. I'm guessing less than you could count on one hand.

I would not worry about this .org site....

Domain ID:D137427341-LROR
Domain Name:AMMUNITIONACCOUNTABILITY.ORG
Created On:15-Jan-2007 17:58:57 UTC
Last Updated On:03-Dec-2008 18:24:10 UTC
Expiration Date:15-Jan-2010 17:58:57 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:GoDaddy.com, Inc. (R91-LROR)

That and also... "content="Microsoft FrontPage 5.0" ---can you say low key web development looser? hahaha!

Last edited:
I would not worry about this .org site....

Domain ID:D137427341-LROR
Domain Name:AMMUNITIONACCOUNTABILITY.ORG
Created On:15-Jan-2007 17:58:57 UTC
Last Updated On:03-Dec-2008 18:24:10 UTC
Expiration Date:15-Jan-2010 17:58:57 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:GoDaddy.com, Inc. (R91-LROR)

That and also... "content="Microsoft FrontPage 5.0" ---can you say low key web development looser? hahaha!

Mmmkay, how is this info even remotely pertinent to the reloading issue? [hmmm] (answer: it isn't)

It's just a collection of links to REAL legislation. Whether the html is via frontpage or someone hand coding the html .... it doesn't make a bit of difference.

Legislation like this is proposed in every legislative session. It generally has zero chance of even getting reported out of committee, let alone passed by both houses.

If you let every one of these proposals give you heart palpitations, you won't be around for long.

Back
Top Bottom