• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

It's never a bad day for NFA

Crappy day here (~40 deg and rainy), but it's never too crappy for a little NFA work.

IMG_1159.JPG

The rifle belonged to my grandfather. It's a Winchester Model 77, kind of an economy cousin to the Model 63, made from 1955-1963. I found a replacement barrel, cut to 16", and threaded 1/2"-28. The can is my Rugged Oculus in the short configuration. I also shot it with my Sig SRD22X and my Form 1 can.

IMG_1154.JPG

It will never win any prizes, but not bad for a truly horrendous trigger, and it's more than good enough to surprise the living shit out of a troublesome gray squirrel that's been trying to get into my attic. And it's pellet-gun quiet with subsonic ammo. My grandfather, who used to use it to bring home rabbits and squirrels for the pot, would have loved it.

The Oculus in short configuration is one of my favorite cans.

IMG_1160.JPG

I also had time to put some rounds through my PSA Dagger, a Gen 3 G19 clone with better ergos, and a stunning deal at $299 shipped.

IMG_1161.JPG

Bottom line: cold rain can't put a damper on a great range day.

Back
Top Bottom