It's kinda early this year

SKS Ray

NES Member
Humidity is creeping in. Oil your guns, dry out your desiccant, or plug those golden rods back in.

Myself and my guns already don't like it.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1431295362593.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1431295362593.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 158
Turned the basement dehumidifier on today. The goldenrod stays plugged in year-round.

Central air also went on today because I like the cold and already hate the heat and humidity. Hopefully I can turn that off soon though. Each spring/fall I reconsider installing a whole house fan to draw in the outside air once it cools down to acceptable levels.

New Englanders will always piss and moan about the weather, it's a god given right just like not using turn signals. Next week we will get a half day of light rain and that will be the topic of the complaining will be how people hate rain. Not referring to NES, just people in this area in general.

New Englanders will always piss and moan about the weather, it's a god given right just like not using turn signals. Next week we will get a half day of light rain and that will be the topic of the complaining will be how people hate rain. Not referring to NES, just people in this area in general.

What is a turn signal? Is that like raising your hand when you turn? No I don't do that.

Turned the basement dehumidifier on today.

Same. My basement humidity shot up to 68% yesterday so I figured it's time to turn the dehumidifier on. My rechargeable dehumidifiers in my safe were still keeping the inside of my safe at 52% but only a matter of time before they would fill up with moisture.

It's because the weather in this region is shit. We get about 90 days a year where its really nice. The rest is shit.

Two weeks ago we were all cursing the cold, now we all hate the humidity....classic [rofl]

Winter is something you will never, ever hear me complain about. Love the cold, love the snow, love being outside in the cold and snow!!!! Summer SUCKS!! I hate excessive heat and especially humidity. I don't mind when it gets warm. Hell a nice 70/80 degree beach day is great. When humidity gets thrown in, yep, is sucks ass.... Broke down and turned on the AC last night. Nothing worst then sweating in bed when trying to sleep. Inside thermostat said 84 degrees. "F" that!

Winter is something you will never, ever hear me complain about. Love the cold, love the snow, love being outside in the cold and snow!!!! Summer SUCKS!! I hate excessive heat and especially humidity. I don't mind when it gets warm. Hell a nice 70/80 degree beach day is great. When humidity gets thrown in, yep, is sucks ass.... Broke down and turned on the AC last night. Nothing worst then sweating in bed when trying to sleep. Inside thermostat said 84 degrees. "F" that!

Same here. Love the winter, cold, and snow.

I barely turn on my heat in the winter. But the AC comes on early.

I guess I live in the wrong place. I hate winter with a vengnce. I'll take 90 summer over any winter day.

No need for an I hate the heat/I hate the cold thread, this is the annual reminder to protect your guns from the humidity. I usually post it every year, last year someone beat me to it.

I love summer if I am on the beach or kayaking or fishing. I hate it when I'm at work.

As far as the guns go, I don't mind pulling all of them out every two weeks in the summer to check for rust and oil them down. No big deal.

I must have a bit of the devil in me. It just can't get hot enough or humid enough to satisfy me. I sleep like a baby when night time temps stay in the 70s and humidity stays high. I have one little window fan in my house and usually sleep with a down comforter year round.

The humidity shot up by 10% in my safe (with the goldenrod plugged in already). I got the room dehumidifier going now. I'll check it this evening after work to see if it's helped.

I must have a bit of the devil in me. It just can't get hot enough or humid enough to satisfy me. I sleep like a baby when night time temps stay in the 70s and humidity stays high. I have one little window fan in my house and usually sleep with a down comforter year round.

Are you from New England or New Delhi?! [wink]

I can't sleep at all if it's warm and humid. Unless I'm passed-out drunk of course.

Back
Top Bottom