• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

ITS HERE!!!

SKS Ray

NES Member
Now that I have your attention, its not a new acquisition I have to post about, but instead something horrible! One of the worst things you can possibly have come into your life if you're reading posts in this section of NES!

Are you ready? Don't be afraid, but be prepared!

HUMIDITY!!!!! [shocked]

The whole summer has been lacking in it so far in my area, but the weather forecast spelled it out for last night, tonight, and tomorrow.

If you have rifles or handguns you've been shooting corrosive ammo through, make sure you've cleaned them well to remove corrosive ammo deposits. If you have any rifles with slight rust below the wood line or on the underside of the barrel, take em' down and make sure those spots are greased well with quality preservative like Break Free Collector.

And don't neglect your bolts! A friend of mine moved from my neighborhood to Rhode Island right near the shore and had the insides of a few of his bolts rust out from shooting corrosive primered ammo after he moved them to a more humid location.

Back
Top Bottom