• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

It's different down here...; and in a good way.

allen-1

NES Member
I shot a USPSA competition Saturday at my local club in Fleming Georgia this past Saturday. Great weather and a great group of people; the competition's tougher than at my local club in Connecticut - so I got a rude awakening but had a great time.

Met a guy named Kevin, little younger than me; he had his daughter with him. She's SEVEN. Dressed as a typical little girl, some pink, sneakers, proper ear protection, and when I saw her pasting targets I gave him some grief about child labor laws. He told me that the deal he'd made with her was that if she came and helped at three of his matches, he'd buy her a .22 for Christmas. She chimed in then explaining that the BB gun he'd bought her had a terrible trigger pull, it was way too tough.

Saw Tang and his son Daniel there. Daniel's a sponsored Junior shooter. Serious kid, and a good shooter. Tang supports him incredibly, drove him out to Arizona recently for a match and turned it into a cross-country road trip stopping all over the place and taking pictures. Daniel came back with an AR that he won at the competition. Oh yeah -- he's 12.

Ryan and Marlena were absent from this match, I don't know where he was, she was at a football game. They're both 15 and sponsored Junior shooters. Her dad was there, he was supposed to be getting ready to go to a wedding, but he said he had time to shoot the match before they left...

I saw Toby when I was signing up for the match. He had his 9 year old son with him, and was proud as could be. His son had just shot his first deer that morning, on the property; it was in the back of Toby's truck.

Went to gun shop yesterday - they're sold out of stripped lowers, expect more in today. They had nothing good to say about Hillary, and weren't shy about saying it.

It is different down there. Moving my family as soon as I can. I just renewed my driver's license. It now expires in 2022, which is the year my kid graduates. Hopefully I will never need another. After that, we are leaving Massachusetts, never to return.

I shot a USPSA competition Saturday at my local club in Fleming Georgia this past Saturday. Great weather and a great group of people; the competition's tougher than at my local club in Connecticut - so I got a rude awakening but had a great time.

Met a guy named Kevin, little younger than me; he had his daughter with him. She's SEVEN. Dressed as a typical little girl, some pink, sneakers, proper ear protection, and when I saw her pasting targets I gave him some grief about child labor laws. He told me that the deal he'd made with her was that if she came and helped at three of his matches, he'd buy her a .22 for Christmas. She chimed in then explaining that the BB gun he'd bought her had a terrible trigger pull, it was way too tough.

Saw Tang and his son Daniel there. Daniel's a sponsored Junior shooter. Serious kid, and a good shooter. Tang supports him incredibly, drove him out to Arizona recently for a match and turned it into a cross-country road trip stopping all over the place and taking pictures. Daniel came back with an AR that he won at the competition. Oh yeah -- he's 12.

Ryan and Marlena were absent from this match, I don't know where he was, she was at a football game. They're both 15 and sponsored Junior shooters. Her dad was there, he was supposed to be getting ready to go to a wedding, but he said he had time to shoot the match before they left...

I saw Toby when I was signing up for the match. He had his 9 year old son with him, and was proud as could be. His son had just shot his first deer that morning, on the property; it was in the back of Toby's truck.

Went to gun shop yesterday - they're sold out of stripped lowers, expect more in today. They had nothing good to say about Hillary, and weren't shy about saying it.

sounds like the America I'd like to live in

Back
Top Bottom