It's Common Sense Invasion of Privacy

I feel micro aggressed. By saying we need to have an adult conversation, he is implying that I have been childish and immature by actually caring about issues of invading my privacy, 4th amendment and other silly antiquated notions.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Whenever someone talks of having an "adult conversation", it's an attempt to ridicule anyone who does not accept their viewpoint as the valid one.

It reminds of of Deval Patrick talking about how "adults understand the need to invest more by paying higher taxes".

Whenever someone talks of having an "adult conversation", it's an attempt to ridicule anyone who does not accept their viewpoint as the valid one.

That's exactly how I take it. It's very condescending and contemptuous, which is the point. He'll get a parade of F*ktards on his side just like all the SJW's and they'll be calling for more conciliatory gestures on the 4th amendment cuz common sense...terrorists...for the children...everything we've been hearing for years as gun owners.

It reminds of of Deval Patrick talking about how "adults understand the need to invest more by paying higher taxes".

This^^^

"Adult conversation" and "Common sense" whatever are designed to start you off at a disadvantage if you don't agree with them. If anyone has researched the different forms of fallacy, I believe that these arguments fall under the heading of "false dichotomy." If you don't firmly support whatever, you're either a child, or you lack common sense. There is no way that someone who possesses common sense and is an adult could possibly disagree with any of the liberals. [puke2][puke2][puke2]

I've got an adult conversation for him: "Go bleep yourself!"

There are any number of ways you can encrypt data that is crack-proof. WTF is wrong with this method over the others? Because it is too inconvenient? What if someone used a book cypher? You have no idea the book, printing, page they start on, etc., It's a series of #'s that don't all go together evenly. (see: Numbers Station)

Should we be able to torture US citizens that publish messages in this format? In case it's terrorist in nature???

Adults understand freedom and tyranny. Conversation over!

Comey lost his integrity when he didn't have hillary procecuted. Nothing he can ever say can be trusted to be factual and he should resign because he disgraced the FBI.

Hillary Clinton wanted personal privacy for her own nefarious purposes, and built a private server to conduct government business and pass classified documents, and the FBI graciously declined to prosecute her. Let's have an adult conversation about that. Maybe they can do the same courtesy for other criminals, if they vote Democrat?

In honor of that article, tonight before bed I will tap that "encrypt phone" button and tomorrow morning he can come over and have an "adult discussion" on how he'll never get the f'in password.

Should we be able to torture US citizens that publish messages in this format? In case it's terrorist in nature???
You can come up with interesting extreme scenarios.

Take for example, the Harveys resort hotel bombing in Nevada. The bomber had the combination of switches to disarm the bomb, but refused to give them out. The feds tried to disarm the bomb, failed, and it went off.

Now, assume it's a dirty bomb at a stadium on game day, going to go off in 10 minutes, and you have the admitted perp. Do you respect his right to remain silent or go to work on him?

Or, assume he has a detonator for such a bomb, and is holding a hostage. The only way to take him down and save the stadium is to put a 338 Lapua round through the hostage into the guy holding the detonator. Do you do it?

But what Comey wants is to make it ILLEGAL to have an encrypted locked phone. It's like "no cell phones while driving" laws. We already HAVE laws against driving while distracted. And we have laws against blowing people up and terrorism.

Those who are going to be smart enough to use iPhone encryption are smart enough to use another code if necessary. Sheesh. Even Tony Soprano used disposable phones.

In your case, I'd beat him to death if necessary and face the consequences at trial. And I'd totally take that shot. If he blows it, the hostage is dead anyhow.

Mandating encryption back doors is no different that requiring persons who are out at night to wear light colored clothing so a government agent can get a good sight picture if it is necessary to shoot that person, or banning the possession of gas masks so that subject remain susceptible to riot control agents. The only issue is a matter of degree, not concept.

Mandating encryption back doors is no different that requiring persons who are out at night to wear light colored clothing so a government agent can get a good sight picture if it is necessary to shoot that person, or banning the possession of gas masks so that subject remain susceptible to riot control agents. The only issue is a matter of degree, not concept.

Or requiring everyone to provide the police with a key to their home, in case the police feel the need to search it. But we don't do this. The police can get a warrant and either ask to be let in or break the door open. It's up to the home owner (in theory, anyway. the police will usually just use the battering ram at 3 am). If the police want to search my phone or computer, they can get a warrant. It will then be my choice as to whether I grant them access or force them to use the electronic equivalent of a battering ram. I'm sure you can guess which one I'd choose.

The constant groaning of our political betters for the need for "adult conversations" is tiring. Adult conversations on race. Adult conversations on guns. Adult conversations on which F'n pronouns to use during conversation. These conversations are inherently and always one sided -- "you will sit there and listen to me lecture you."

I'm not sorry if my personal liberty is inconvenient for the likes of some career bureaucrat.

Comey can want until hell freezes over. He gave up his right to claim any integrity, morality or rights to intrude into myprivacy when he gave Hillary a free pass.

“We are working hard to make people at keyboards feel our breath on their necks and try to change that behavior, he said. “We’ve got to get to a point where we can reach them as easily as they can reach us and change behavior by that reach-out.”

Wow, just wow. He doesn't he try to hide the fact that he wants .gov to have Orwellian abilities in being able to track and spy on Americans. The rest of his speech could be summed up with "Just be an adult--if you have nothing to hide, why worry?" **** him.

Take for example, the Harveys resort hotel bombing in Nevada. The bomber had the combination of switches to disarm the bomb, but refused to give them out. The feds tried to disarm the bomb, failed, and it went off.

Now, assume it's a dirty bomb at a stadium on game day, going to go off in 10 minutes, and you have the admitted perp. Do you respect his right to remain silent or go to work on him?

Or, assume he has a detonator for such a bomb, and is holding a hostage. The only way to take him down and save the stadium is to put a 338 Lapua round through the hostage into the guy holding the detonator. Do you do it?

I would disable the dirty bomb by removing the "dirty" part of it. Life isn't a movie. There isnt a secret combination of wires to cut on a bomb. 99% of the time disconnecting the battery will turn it off. Cop 'blow' it in place for that other 1% because its safer and easyer, even then its normally just a shotgun disrupter to break the components.
IEDs in a combat zone are different mostly because the EOD tech's don't have the safe area to work on it and they generally don't need to save the area or bomb parts, so blow it upon with c4 instead

can someone tell me why politicians feel the need to control everything, when they can't even control their own mouths?

I would disable the dirty bomb by removing the "dirty" part of it. Life isn't a movie
My point was discussion of the accept, assuming the bomb was hidden and not detectable. Answers like "I would find another way dodge the issue". If torture will definitely safe lives, should it be done, or should those lives be sacrificed as part of the cost of a free and moral society?

Look at the Harvey Resort bombing if you think that a bomb can always be disabled by experts.

I think the bomber could still achieve his mission and avoid torture. He could give a disarmament procedure that actually sets the bomb off. The cops would have no way of knowing he's truthful before attempting it. There's no valid reason to torture him after it goes off.

Yup. Only condescending a-holes like Devalue and Bl-Obama talk down to people like this.

ETA: **** him. Yes, **** Comey! He lost ALL credibility that he ever may have had with his refusal to recommend indictment of REAL criminals like Killary!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom