• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

It's come to this: paying criminals NOT to commit crimes

Or as the title says so succinctly, "Lunch Money Surrendered."

http://davidthompson.typepad.com/davidthompson/2016/02/lunch-money-surrendered.html

"...would establish an office to identify as many as 200 residents annually who are at risk of committing violent crimes or becoming a victim of such crimes. The individuals would be instructed to participate in life planning, trauma informed therapy, and other programmes; if they comply and do not commit crimes, the individuals would receive a stipend."

how would the administrators of this program know they're not committing crimes? Criminals can commit lots and lots of crimes before being caught.

I like to think of myself as a reasonable smart person with a track record of getting things done. If I were a criminal, I would pull la big job, not penny ante street crime. As such, I should get paid more for not committing crimes than your average street thug. And then there is the matter of retroactive payments for over 50 years of not committing crimes.

I like to think of myself as a reasonable smart person with a track record of getting things done. If I were a criminal, I would pull la big job, not penny ante street crime. As such, I should get paid more for not committing crimes than your average street thug. And then there is the matter of retroactive payments for over 50 years of not committing crimes.

Dad always said I'll smack the shit outta you if you go to jail for less than 20 million

We had a similar program in Afghanistan when local tribe leaders were paid if they promised to behave. It was enough for them to assemble a bunch of tough looking posses and they received a paycheck. Obviously, this program worked so well that we can implement it now in our homeland.

Dad always said I'll smack the shit outta you if you go to jail for less than 20 million

Reminds me of a Stump the DJ joke I heard once on HJY:

A jewish kid and an Italian kid are graduating high school. The jewish kid gets a nice, Rolex watch from the old man and says he likes it but doesn't really. The Italian kid gets a shotgun and does the same thing.

The two kids meet up later and each one wants to trade - they swap and the Jewish kid takes home the shotgun and the Italian kid takes home the watch.

The Jewish dad freaks out when his son gets home. When the Italian kid gets home, his dad says "WTF?! Why didn't you use the shotgun I gave you?!"

Anyways in regards to paying criminals to not committing crime: it's just another form of welfare or unemployment and we already pay farmers to not grow crops.

Back
Top Bottom