• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

It's all fun and games until you get the BCD

KBCraig

NES Member
Lotsa laughs, then came the Big Chicken Dinner.

A Germany-based cavalry scout was convicted Wednesday of destruction of government property and making a false official statement for his role in a botched Humvee air drop that destroyed three of the vehicles during an April 2016 training exercise.

A judge found Sgt. John Skipper, who was in charge of verifying that the parachutes were properly rigged, had intentionally cut their straps, causing hundreds of thousands of dollars in damage, according to a 7th Army release.

“Skipper was sentenced to a reduction in grade to E-1 and a Bad Conduct Discharge by a court-martial panel consisting of enlisted soldiers and officers,” the release said.

Soldier found guilty of cutting parachute straps in botched Humvee air drop

I remember the footage of that drop. Crazy.

What a moron. Like the investigation wasn’t going to find the cut straps. I always thought 19Ds had to be pretty smart, but maybe not.

I must have premonition or something. Last weekend I was discussing this very event with someone, and looked it up to see what happened to the guy. I wasn't able to find any recent updates. Last thing I found was from July 2017. Then just days later, boom. Pretty coincidental.

I remember the footage of that drop. Crazy.

What a moron. Like the investigation wasn’t going to find the cut straps. I always thought 19Ds had to be pretty smart, but maybe not.
Cav is always out front or on a border. In other words, as far away from headquarters as it is possible to be. Most troopers like it that way, but not always for the right reasons!

There’s a lot of accountability in all the rigging, which he obviously knew, so why he thought this would pass is unbelievable. Exhibit A.

Fuuuaaak....Three Marines injured and he 'frames' another Marine for the crime. What a plea from the old man...lol

"He said Boykins was angry because he had been punished and his pay was docked when he returned late from leave."
Boykins and Chaffin tried to frame another Marine, Julian Ramirez. Ramirez was arrested, but charges were later dropped.

Defense lawyer Kimberly Tarver of Baltimore pleaded for mercy and a lighter sentence, and asked that Boykins be transferred to military prison at Fort Leavenworth, Kan., so he can get counseling.
"He's a good kid," said his father, Sammie Boykins, Look at him as if it was your son, your honor."

Back
Top Bottom