It's 2022 - anyone still carrying a revolver?

I like that 351PD.

Now, if that were silver, and with the shrouded hammer, would that be a 651PD?

Do they make that same exact gun in silver/shrouded? Same sights, grip, caliber, everything else?

I like that 351PD.

Now, if that were silver, and with the shrouded hammer, would that be a 651PD?

Do they make that same exact gun in silver/shrouded? Same sights, grip, caliber, everything else?
No. Once you add the shrouded hammer it is not the same family, no matter what the finish is.

Closest match is the 638...

1665102215644.png
Or, 538 in black...

1665102334805.png

Last edited:
Also, wrong caliber.

So, sounds like a no-go then.

Maybe get a black and bob the hammer yourself?
Yeah. No shrouded wheelguns in .22mag. You could pay through the nose and have a custom shop build one if you find the right place. Cha-ching, but you'd have what you want. Ruger's LCR is closest fit...

Yeah. No shrouded wheelguns in .22mag. You could pay through the nose and have a custom shop build one if you find the right place. Cha-ching, but you'd have what you want. Ruger's LCR is closest fit...
LCR-X is eXternal hammer, right? Can't you just bob that off a little?

found this:

Also, wrong caliber.

So, sounds like a no-go then.

Maybe get a black and bob the hammer yourself?
There are videos on bobbing hammers, but I'll give you some advice if you'll hear me out.

Don't bob the hammer before you thoroughly put it through its paces including unloaded draw, presentation and dry-fire with snaps.

Once you bob it, it won't grow back like a crab claw. Make sure you absolutely need it bobbed first. A replacement S&W hammer is probably a third the price of the gun.

I have 2 S&W M360J's that have exposed hammers and I have no problems with snag-free draw because I slow-practiced it well.
I would not bob them...
They don't need it.

But everyone is different, maybe you would be best suited with a bobber. Just don't do it first... Do it Last.
You will find that hammer spur is a beautiful thing when single-action is needed...

LCR-X is eXternal hammer, right? Can't you just bob that off a little?

found this:
The LCR-X has a spur. (Which can be bobbed)
Just remember, when you bob a trigger you remove Mass. Less Mass can translate into increased possibility for light-strikes. In a defensive situation you may be vulnerable. Range test the piss out of it post-bobbing and find an ammo that goes bang 100% of the time with YOUR MODIFIED GUN...

That is all well and good, but what you really need is a "10 Best Concealed Carry Snub-Nose Revolvers for Coyote33"

You get down to those 10 by putting in the range time with Rental Ranges that Sell those firearms.

Don't rush yourself into a shit purchase. Do your due diligence.
These threads are a good start, but it is time for some live-fire...

~Matt

Can't you just bob that off a little?
"Bobs" are, or are not.
not "a little off"...

meaning, either you take it down or attempt to leave a little "edge" for your thumb. Useless in my opinion...

1665105064852.png
1665105169520.png
1665105207213.png

I like a bobbed hammer simply for the feedback when holstering. I leave a little nub, but it's not necessary.
I keep my thumb on the little nubbin and feel if the trigger has snagged on anything.

Screen Shot 2022-10-07 at 8.38.45 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-10-07 at 8.40.00 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-10-07 at 8.40.13 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-10-07 at 8.39.48 AM.png

lol... "nubbin"

I thought that was backseat action?

1665157060155.png

because you have said that you want a .22mag then the Ruger
No shrouded wheelguns in .22mag
LCR-X is eXternal hammer, right?
You will find that hammer spur is a beautiful thing when single-action is needed
The LCR-X has a spur. (Which can be bobbed)
Why the LCRX and not the straight LCR in .22 wmr? Both are 6-shot...
no need to bob it either...
Follow the progression here. I'm with you, but you're just in a different order.

Hammerless can't be fired "single-action". A hammer can. Even a "bobbed" hammer. Not one of the "nub" style ones, though.

"Bobs" are, or are not.
not "a little off"...
Was thinking something more like just shortening the hammer a little, like this (pardon the MS Paint graphics):

1665174171873.png

Maybe I used the wrong term/phrase. I meant just make the hammer a little less obtrusive, so it doesn't stick out as much. Whatever that is called.

I went through jungle training in 1966 prior to shipping out to 'the Vietnam' . A bunch of us went to Phenix, Alabama aka (the dirtiest city in the Country) I bought this puppy later realized I'm a bit undergunned and sold it in Vietnam with box to a guy in my platoon. Would have been nice to have hung on to it.
1665174349543.png

Follow the progression here. I'm with you, but you're just in a different order.

Hammerless can't be fired "single-action". A hammer can. Even a "bobbed" hammer. Not one of the "nub" style ones, though.

Was thinking something more like just shortening the hammer a little, like this (pardon the MS Paint graphics):

View attachment 670712

Maybe I used the wrong term/phrase. I meant just make the hammer a little less obtrusive, so it doesn't stick out as much. Whatever that is called.
It is in different order because I was referring to S&W and then Ruger... Take each post as independent of the others.

Last edited:
I went through jungle training in 1966 prior to shipping out to 'the Vietnam' .
Oh, you were over there much earlier than I had thought... I was thinking 1970, or so...

carry revolvers quite a bit, always loaded and ready without magazine problems. have 3 j frames two old Smith and wesson model 13, and 18, ruger sp101, naa mini 22 mag, and 2 ruger vaqueros for with i have concealment rigs for. would own a 10 mm 40 s&w convertible ruger blackhawk if some one in this shit hole state would transfer it [hint, hint]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom