It's 1 AM, Do You Know Where Your Wife Is?

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
A mayor in Illinois pleaded with residents last week to follow the state's stay at home order. After officers reported that people were continuing to defy the rules, the mayor said he had directed the city's police department to use its discretion in issuing citations and arrests.
"These are very serious times and I'm begging you to please stay at home," Brant Walker, mayor of Alton, Illinois, said in a briefing on Friday.
Less than 48 hours later, police broke up a gathering at Hiram's Tavern in downtown Alton. Among those in attendance: Walker's wife.
Walker announced in a statement on Monday that police had investigated and stopped a social gathering in violation of Illinois' statewide order around 1 a.m. on Sunday. He said police also informed him that his wife was there.
"I instructed the Police Chief to treat her as he would any citizen violating the 'Stay At Home' order and to ensure that she received no special treatment," Walker's statement read.
Me thinks there might be a wee bit more to this story...

slap shot

NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
methinks this guy knew exactly where wifey was hanging out. Maybe a little abuse of power there bucko?

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
In the bars, with the men who play guitars
Singin', drinkin' and rememberin' the times
My little lover does a midnight shift
She followed around all the time
I guess there's just one thing a-left for me to do
Gonna pack my bags and move on my way
'Cause I got a worried mind sharin' what I thought was mine
Gonna leave her where the guitars play

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If that's a picture of her, she looks like a fun time. At a bar, without her husband at 1am? Nothing good comes from that, unless you're into 'nothing good'.

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Alton IL has always been one of those f***o cities/towns that appeared in the news at weird intervals for weird things.

Kind of like Inkster MI. Inkster is more f***ed up than Detroit is sometimes. [rofl]

-Mike

Reptile

NES Member
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Where is that link about the guy who said something about his wife and he was at the bar or something.

The details elude me it was a good joke and was on NES about 3 weeks ago.

Seems appropriate.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
"I instructed the Police Chief to treat her as he would any citizen violating the 'Stay At Home' order and to ensure that she received no special treatment,"

riiiiiiiiiiiight.

Something tells me when her court date comes around in 5 months, her charges will be dismissed while everyone else gets a fine and no one will notice.

Len-2A Training

Instructor
Instructor
NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 98.3%
59   1   0
"I instructed the Police Chief to treat her as he would any citizen violating the 'Stay At Home' order and to ensure that she received no special treatment,"

riiiiiiiiiiiight.

Something tells me when her court date comes around in 5 months, her charges will be dismissed while everyone else gets a fine and no one will notice.
Actually chances are that all of them will be either dismissed or fined a few bucks. The courts will be clogged with a backlog of real crime to deal with and won't want to deal with mickey mouse shit clogging the docket. And this is true everywhere that shut down the courts.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Actually chances are that all of them will be either dismissed or fined a few bucks. The courts will be clogged with a backlog of real crime to deal with and won't want to deal with mickey mouse shit clogging the docket. And this is true everywhere that shut down the courts.
yeah I would imagine...waste of everyone's time.....just that in the event they're not ALL dismissed, she will certainly be among the ones that are.

Top Bottom