• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

iTarget - Home Target Practice for All Gun Owners

Very awesome!!!

You need this special trigger resetting mag for a Glock for improved realism...

http://dryfiremag.com

Combined with sharing the screen with my TV this would be a great training aid.

Only if you have $98 to burn. Cut a piece of zip tie about 1/4" long and stick it in the breech. If you lose it, cut another 1/4" off. One zip tie should last awhile.
It might be because it's 6am but I am having trouble wrapping my head around this one. Please elaborate.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

You just need to stick something in the breech so the slide doesn't completely close so the striker gets pulled back but not released.

[video=youtube_share;VqISb13HJ7g]http://youtu.be/VqISb13HJ7g[/video]

I have an Airsoft range in my garage. Excellent practice for short $. I use reduced sized targets for Steel Challenge matches. Low recoil is the only drawback but this system works very well when used in conjunction with conventional firearm practice.

PS I do not find dry fire to be a waste of time, particularly when you can't afford to make it to the range on a daily basis.

Doesn't Laserlyte essentially already have this product on the market?

Little different
TLB-LBK_large.jpg
and more money

PS I do not find dry fire to be a waste of time, particularly when you can't afford to make it to the range on a daily basis.

Yeah that comment was tongue in cheek. I don't believe you'd find a single serious shooter who doesn't recommend and make use of a lot of dryfire practice.

Yeah that comment was tongue in cheek. I don't believe you'd find a single serious shooter who doesn't recommend and make use of a lot of dryfire practice.

I have heard a rumor that at least one top shooter uses an Airsoft gun for dry fire. I'm not sure exactly why; maybe to reset the trigger?

I have heard a rumor that at least one top shooter uses an Airsoft gun for dry fire. I'm not sure exactly why; maybe to reset the trigger?

Probably. And I won't say that getting some sight movement is bad. I'd love to get an airsoft rig for supplementing dryfire but trying to find a 2011 style gun seems like a pretty deep rabbit hole. Different styles, will normal (Dawson) sights swap in, are the triggers decent, etc... Maybe one day when that's what's holding me back.

Probably. And I won't say that getting some sight movement is bad. I'd love to get an airsoft rig for supplementing dryfire but trying to find a 2011 style gun seems like a pretty deep rabbit hole. Different styles, will normal (Dawson) sights swap in, are the triggers decent, etc... Maybe one day when that's what's holding me back.

You are in luck. 1911s and clones are among the most copied of the Airsoft pistols. You should be able to find what you want. Evike is my favorite wed site/dealer. I favor "green gas" guns that I adapt to run off the compressor in my garage. All I pay for is the 6mm plastic BBs. A 400 round practice session costs eighty cents.

Bumping this thread. I bought one and received it yesterday. Spent about 3 hours dry firing with it. It's awesome once you get your target aligned on your phone. You can shoot and the phone records the hits and what ring they were in, flashes up on the phone good enough to see from the 40' I was shooting at. You can then take a screenshot and save it. I went to the range within a couple of hours of shooting and dammit if I didn't improve my grouping immediately. The instant feedback during dry firing allowed me to notice a flaw in my grip that would make me shoot high 2/5 times. I got the 9MM and 380 laser bullets. They work great. I paid $159 all in. saved 20% with a code from the Dan Bongino show.

Bumping this thread. I bought one and received it yesterday. Spent about 3 hours dry firing with it. It's awesome once you get your target aligned on your phone. You can shoot and the phone records the hits and what ring they were in, flashes up on the phone good enough to see from the 40' I was shooting at. You can then take a screenshot and save it. I went to the range within a couple of hours of shooting and dammit if I didn't improve my grouping immediately. The instant feedback during dry firing allowed me to notice a flaw in my grip that would make me shoot high 2/5 times. I got the 9MM and 380 laser bullets. They work great. I paid $159 all in. saved 20% with a code from the Dan Bongino show.

Thanks for bumping this, I actually forgot all about it lol. I'll need to order one...what's the code?

I have a laserlyte I don't use enough (BTW, not sure why they have that odd gun...you can use laser snap caps with your ordinary gun just like with this product). Works pretty well.

This seems neat too, though.

Back
Top Bottom