• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Itar is destroying small gunsmiths

MuzzleDiscipline

NES Life Member
NES Member
Itar carries a heavy burden too much for many small gunshops to bear. Itar over reach was an executive regulation adjustment which helped lay the groundwork for the AG action of July 20.

This petition can force a POTUS response if it has enough signatures. It is unfortunate there isn't a similar mechanism in the Commonwealth.

Remember as far as the non-gun public is concerned this is not a gun control issue anymore than Ms. Healy's action on July 20th. It is an over reach of executive power which must be reversed as it threatens every area of government where legislative law has granted the executive branch regulatory control with the power of law. This principle can be applied to something as silly as mandating licensed Hair Salons color all patrons hair red.

Read this and sign it if you care....or even if you don't.
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov//petition/remove-gunsmithing-itar

This is a dupe of this thread:

https://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/316198-Petition-to-remove-gunsmithing-from-ITAR

However, I am happy to see this thread since I sort of wanted to bump my previous thread, but I was hesitant to do so.

Sadly, this petition is doing very poorly and seems unlikely to get enough signatures. It has been published on a number of forums, but has not even gotten one tenth of the needed signatures. On the other hand, the only thing that will make a real difference is an administration that chooses to change this executive order. So the petition is not really that important. But I still would have like to see it get a lot more attention just to make a statement.

I am convinced half of the problem is that people forget that the signatures don't count until you follow the link in the email they send you...

Back
Top Bottom