Italy Mandates Alarms On Child Car Seats

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0

Has forgetting your kids in the car reached such epidemic proportions in Italy that the gov requires audio and visual alerting systems ???

CrackPot

NES Member
Rating - 100%
46   0   0

Has forgetting your kids in the car reached such epidemic proportions in Italy that the gov requires audio and visual alerting systems ???
Any progressive government worth it’s salt will take any step necessary to further nanny it’s citizens, especially to protect the next generation of voters.

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

you would think they would not be needed, but reality steps in and says yes they ARE needed.

It is only common sense.

greencobra

NES Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
it seems to happen here in new england more times than one would expect in the course of a year. don't have kids but on this one, i would't mind a little government over reach. it must suck to be an infant and slow cook to death in a hot car in summer.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
There is a setting on my truck. When i shut it off and open my door an alarm will sound and it will say to check the rear seats

Jason m

NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Parents just need to put there phones down and pick up there children, I bet they are not leaving there phones in the car. My wife and I raised three kids and never once did we leave one in the car, and this was when we lived on the top floor of a triple decker when they where all in car seats.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It may not always be the phone, I've been going in so many directions before i have had to do a triple check ive had all my children.

blindfire

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
you would think they would not be needed, but reality steps in and says yes they ARE needed.

It is only common sense.
Was talking to my cousin last week while I was in Nevada. She drives school bus in the San Juaquin Valley. I was asking her if she'd ever left a kid on the bus by accident. She said the closest she came was when she will filling in for another driver, a 1st grader feel asleep in the back of the bus. She'd finished up the route and pulled over to do some paper work and did her inspection and found the kid. She gets on the radio and finds out where the kid lived and took him back. She also told me thatwhen you turn off the engine, it starts a 90 second timer on an alarm that can only be disabled at the back of the bus (forcing the driver to walk back and ensure no kids are left at the barn overnight).

So, yeah...shit like an alarm on a baby seat IS needed because there are some retarded parents out there AND some parents who get exhausted and are not in their right mind making an external alarm a good idea.

blindfire

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Parents just need to put there phones down and pick up there children, I bet they are not leaving there phones in the car. My wife and I raised three kids and never once did we leave one in the car, and this was when we lived on the top floor of a triple decker when they where all in car seats.
Hey...good for you. As I just pointed out, there are some parents who get overwhelmed and overtired.

bigben111435

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, yeah...shit like an alarm on a baby seat IS needed because there are some retarded parents out there AND some parents who get exhausted and are not in their right mind making an external alarm a good idea.
i dunno if we make rules just beause people are retarded or tired, pretty soon there will be a seat belt on the toilet.

mibro

NES Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
For those under 45 or so:

Man, that makes me nostalgic. Normal family, mom's doing the cooking, dad's not an idiot, Anthony's coming home from school on foot, the ad has an authoritative male voiceover. The good old days.

xjma99

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinning the heard is not a bad thing, it's natural...even 'organic.' If you're so brain-dead that you can't remember that you have a child in the car, then your DNA is not worthy of being passed on, period. Sorry, life is not fair.

I've got two kids, and two automobiles. I get tired too, especially when they're young and the sleep factor sucks. I've got a million bills and a million things on my mind too, life can be challenging, such is life. I am by no means perfect, but perfectly human. However, in the 8+ years since I've been a parent, driving in an automobile of any sort, which I do frequently, with a child or children on-board, and then forgetting that said child/children are in/on the vehicle is beyond my comprehension. Often the kids don't let you forget that they're in the vehicle with you!! When they do fall asleep, it's like a treat, and you're excited about it. You take turns and brake and accelerate extra smooth, extra cautious to avoid the bumps in the road, so as to not interrupt your moments of zen. I just can't comprehend the need for this.

Picton

NES Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I never left my kids in the car, nor do I ever forget when one of em's back there.

But I can actually conceive of times when an otherwise responsible parent might.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Was talking to my cousin last week while I was in Nevada. She drives school bus in the San Juaquin Valley. I was asking her if she'd ever left a kid on the bus by accident. She said the closest she came was when she will filling in for another driver, a 1st grader feel asleep in the back of the bus. She'd finished up the route and pulled over to do some paper work and did her inspection and found the kid. She gets on the radio and finds out where the kid lived and took him back. She also told me thatwhen you turn off the engine, it starts a 90 second timer on an alarm that can only be disabled at the back of the bus (forcing the driver to walk back and ensure no kids are left at the barn overnight).

That's a little different though. My wife's a teacher and kids have ended up at the bus depot lol.

In your own car is a little less forgivable. Everyone screws up at work

Picton

NES Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
That's a little different though. My wife's a teacher and kids have ended up at the bus depot lol.

In your own car is a little less forgivable. Everyone screws up at work
There’s a key point of blindfire’s post: his cousin was filling in for another driver.

In a lot of these cases, you later find out that Mom, say, was the usual daycare dropoff person, but she couldn’t that day, so Dad took it on but zoned out after loading up Junior and driving away. It’s predawn, Junior is asleep in the car seat, and Dad goes on autopilot and simply does his commute, forgetting the dropoff.

He gets out of his car at his work and doesn’t check on Junior because it’s dark, Junior’s quiet, and most importantly Dad has never had to before. By the time Junior’s in trouble in the parking lot, it’s too late.

I’d never excuse that, but I do understand how it could happen when adults are doing something they don’t normally do.

Top Bottom