• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

It was only a matter of time.

"It looks dysfunctional to me right now," said Rep. Diane Watson (D-Calif.)

I ran into Diane Watson a couple of times when she was on the LA School Board and then when she was in the California State Senate. If they every eanted to get an world-class expert on "dysfunctional", she'd be on my all-time top-10 list.

Ken

Tell me how the heck are they supposed to bring water,food,etc,when you are being shot at! [roll] Shooting at the very people that are trying to help you that makes a whole lot of sense. Until the idiots with guns are taken care nothing can get in. I'll quit trying to make sense.

If the blow holes actually went down there and helped instead of spouting off, they might see just how much an area they are looking at. From what I understand there was not only the organizational time, but also the time needed to clear the roads INTO the area.

I don't think many people even realize just how VAST the area of destruction is. It isn't just New Orleans, but the WHOLE coast from Texas to Florida.

But then, I guess the liberals would shrug off the places the Media isn't showcasing and make sure they look good on TV.

The fact that the less effected areas are getting back 'on line' is totally forgotten because the TV cameras are only looking at a flooded city with gangs ruling the streets.

Now, might there have been a better response plan for just this event? Possibly, but I don't see those jerks offering to create one.

*Long string of vulgar obsenities deleted*

Might I point out to the BCC that the MAYOR of NO is black? Also - if 70% of the population of NO is on welfare and 50% do not have cars (heard that this morning on the radio from someone who lived there), then WHY was there not an exacuation plan in place to get those folks out?????? And, it's not like the news that NO is below sea level just came out last week. They've been saying for decades that something more needed to be done because sooner or later a major storm would hit and NO would go bye bye.

Gimme a break. I hate liberals.

Oh yeah - good ol Jesse Jacksom came out today saying the reason something wasn't done sooner is because the majority of the folks down there are black. ....there isn't an emoticon to express how I feel right now. Oh ... wait... [stfu] Well, that's a bit better, but I'm still fuming.

I can't find anything nice to say. Jesse Jackson is another who needs an accident. [twisted] Trying to keep my blood pressure down on this.

From what I've seen so far, the Mayor and the Chief of Police are OK. They've done what they could with what they had to work with. They made some small mistakes.

The Governor of Louisiana, on the other hand, should be dragged out into the street and shot. Late and ineffective reaction to the situation.

I blame the mayor of NO as well. I saw his press conference on FNC yesterday and he was along the lines of 'I am ordering a mandatory evacuation of the city, but if you don't want to leave, thats ok.'

And I was talking to my mom last night, it appears that the people from NO who came to Mass want to leave and never wanted to come here.

Back
Top Bottom