• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

It only took six months....

majspud

NES Life Member
NES Member
Florida nonresident LTC. First they didn’t like my picture, then they said I spelled my name wrong on the finger prints, then they made me reapply and pay the fee a second time.

But here it is. I’m good in 36 states now.
127ADA6C-A497-457F-AFC9-5599CC6EB3B9.jpeg

Have to chase RI. They mailed a letter to New Bedford asking if I lived there (!) They haven't heard back.

t

Last edited:
Received a letter from RI Attorney General's Office today after eight months, denying me a LTC for no stated reason. I have requested an appeal as there is no cause why I should not be issued a license. As RI is a MAY issue state, they can deny for no reason so I don't expect much...which is
[bs2]

t
IMG_8521.jpg

Man you just can’t seem to catch a break these days. My FL was a two week turn around as I checked the military expedited processing.

That sucks. I have been considering applying for my RI as we seem to be spending more time there camping the last few years but I don’t want to have to deal with being denied.

I thought having a C&R was sufficient reason.

Bob

RI Attorney General always denies on first application. In RI you should have C&R and apply through a town. OP PM me if you want and I can give you more info if you want.

did you apply through a town or at the state house?

Attorney General's Office. I have had my MA LTC since 1991, hold nonresident ME, FL, and NH. I had to take a safety class, pass a marksmanship test, and solicit letters of recommendation. No law record of any kind, former Federal and Local police officer.

Boggles the mind.

t

Attorney General's Office. I have had my MA LTC since 1991, hold nonresident ME, FL, and NH. I had to take a safety class, pass a marksmanship test, and solicit letters of recommendation. No law record of any kind, former Federal and Local police officer.

Boggles the mind.

t

yeah doesn't matter, every time i researched this the only advice i got 100% of the time was to apply through a town.

WOW! You don't have much luck.I hope I don't have any problems with my Florida one.

While this was processing not only did I renew NH, but also received ME and FL.

Can’t fathom why I was denied save personal protection is not a valid reason.

t

yeah doesn't matter, every time i researched this the only advice i got 100% of the time was to apply through a town.

I was told to go through the AG’s office. I tried to drop it off at the closest RI town (Tiverton) when I discovered that towns do their own thing, and Tiverton’s application was 27 pages long.

t

I’m going to be polite, but they’re going to get an earful from me. I’m valid in 35 states with my MA and non resident NH/FL/ME, but not RI by reciprocity with any of them. I have to apply to RI just to get RI; it doesn’t grant me any other states. The same holds true for NY, CT, and PA. I don’t know if I have the strength to deal with three more states worth of B.S.

t

I’m going to be polite, but they’re going to get an earful from me. I’m valid in 35 states with my MA and non resident NH/FL/ME, but not RI by reciprocity with any of them. I have to apply to RI just to get RI; it doesn’t grant me any other states. The same holds true for NY, CT, and PA. I don’t know if I have the strength to deal with three more states worth of B.S.

t

I can offer that Connecticut was easy enough but it took a long time to get the license. No reason required and they were very helpful to me.

Bob

Interview went well in RI. Went through particulars of my application. RI/AG needs may issue based for LTC. For clarification they said I could carry when driving through, stopping for antiques and a meal, and staying overnight seemed OK. RI towns are shall issue. My disability seemed to carry enough weight. I can also get a local form from Tiverton and still apply there. The wo officers didn’t know towns could do non-residents

t

Interview went well in RI. Went through particulars of my application. RI/AG needs may issue based for LTC. For clarification they said I could carry when driving through, stopping for antiques and a meal, and staying overnight seemed OK. RI towns are shall issue. My disability seemed to carry enough weight. I can also get a local form from Tiverton and still apply there. The wo officers didn’t know towns could do non-residents

t

So did the RI AG approve it or do you have to re-apply in a town?

Bob

The two officers I spoke to are walking it to the chief of police to petition my case. I’ll hear next week. Perfectly qualified, but not acute need. Disability may win it for me

t

In RI the AG is “May issue”. The Police Chief is “shall issue”. The AG’s stance is nobody needs one. It looks like you were declined due to not showing “need”.
Do you have a C&R License? If you’d only, put it on your application. It is an official “need” in RI.

As an added bonus you now get to say yes when asked if you were ever denied a CC permit.

Back
Top Bottom