It isn't always greener

Oh gosh.

What's worse is that if Mass changes their gun laws further, the flow chart will be feet long. Or worse, just a big 8.5x11 sheet of paper with NO on it.

Just took GOAL's MA Gun Laws for Non-Attorneys on Wednesday and this is like 4D chess in comparison.

Who was thinking that the grass was greener in CA?

I know I was just saying to myself "Gee, I hope MA follows CA's lead. I need me some stupid looking stocks for my 10 round internal magazine non-AR platform rifle".

This. Who ever said anything was better in CA? I’ve spent the better part of the last two weeks in this shithole, and in just that time I’ve seen my parents’ home under mandatory evacuation for fire, “normal” traffic that took me over an hour to go 6 miles, and gas at $4.89 for regular. You couldn’t give me this abomination.

Who was thinking that the grass was greener in CA?

I know I was just saying to myself "Gee, I hope MA follows CA's lead. I need me some stupid looking stocks for my 10 round internal magazine non-AR platform rifle".

Well the GRASS there is greener, at least most of the year.

The political climate would driver most of us nuts. Or nuttier, in some cases.

This. Who ever said anything was better in CA? I’ve spent the better part of the last two weeks in this shithole, and in just that time I’ve seen my parents’ home under mandatory evacuation for fire, “normal” traffic that took me over an hour to go 6 miles, and gas at $4.89 for regular. You couldn’t give me this abomination.

Snowboarding, skiing, backpacking, camping, fishing, surfing, motorcycling, dirtbike riding, mountain biking, weather and food is better in California.

The negatives definitely outweigh the positives though.

But, if you just sit on your ass and watch sports while fondling guns and yelling at clouds, doesn't really matter what state you live in.[smile]

the political climate in california changed mighty fast. their goal is to consume the whole country and while nancy pelosi won't be alive to see it, some of the younger people on this forum may live to see the beginning of the confederation of california states take root.

Snowboarding, skiing, backpacking, camping, fishing, surfing, motorcycling, dirtbike riding, mountain biking, weather and food is better in California.

But, if you just sit on your ass and watch sports while fondling guns and yelling at clouds, doesn't really matter what state you live in.[smile]

I’d argue the winter sports and camping are better in UT and CO. I don’t know/give a shit about dirt bike riding, and the weather (everyone’s go to for CA) isn’t in CA it’s over it. If it was in CA, they’d f*** that up, too.

I'm a libertarian in some respects. A Republican in others. Wrt laws I don't agree with, I'm a full on solid blue Democrat.

Awesome place to visit! Although after visiting Oregon/Washington/British Columbia, we like that area better.

If that chart was real, it should be a joke. If indeed it is real, allow me to express my sympathy.

Unfortunately it is real......the OP was no endorsement of Ca. but it is on the other side of the country/fence and it definitely isn't greener with regards to the rule of law and the constitution.

Whatever California's politics may be, the big thing that kills California for me is housing costs. Massachusetts is bad enough. I get contacts from recruiters trying to interest me in jobs in California. My usual reaction is "You want me to live WHERE?" followed by ten minutes of laughter. [rofl]

California is 1000x better than Massachusetts for alot of reasons. Most people in rural CA dont even follow these laws and the cops know it, most people in Massachusetts have absolutely no concept of individual liberty. Most importantly though is people in CA dont have that god awful disgusting vile accent.

California is 1000x better than Massachusetts for alot of reasons. Most people in rural CA dont even follow these laws and the cops know it, most people in Massachusetts have absolutely no concept of individual liberty. Most importantly though is people in CA dont have that god awful disgusting vile accent.

Pretty sure you don't notice that accent because they're not speaking English.

There are rural areas in every commie state like this, though. Most of them are all held hostage by the big dump cities. CA just sticks out because the enormous amount of rural
land area.

ETA: One thing I did notice is the cops : people density there is much different, even in populated areas. In MA driving around I will get "pinged' at least several times a month while
driving at night. (EG, like when a trooper is leering on you behind you, then suddenly gets bored and flies around you and drives off, you know you're getting an anal probe exam via MDT). In CA, I can drive for a week or two and you might see them in passing here and there (with the occasional roadside speed trap) but they're not as what I would call "omnipresent" like in mass.

-Mike

Last edited:

LOL, I'm from approx 1 hour north of LA and surprisingly my home voting district is still a 'red' island. Though I know NESers have mixed opinions on Reagan, California was a great place to live when he was governor. I was pretty young but remember it well. We used to run around with guns all the time, only the most nosy old bitties would give us a dirty look. Miles to ride dirt bikes on open land, so long as you didn't mess with grazing cattle, etc. Over the years the state has become more and more bureaucratic and intrusive, which f's things up for the more conservative / libertarian areas. Also the legal scene is as bad or worse than in Mass. I used to race MX at Indian Dunes, which was adjacent to outdoor filming sets for shows like Baa Baa Black Sheep, Dukes of Hazzard, etc. It was pretty common to see huge flaming mushroom clouds when they would blow shit up for various shows / movies. After moving to the southeast, the Dunes was closed by a nasty lawsuit. I don't think the plaintiff necessarily won a judgement and had actually signed a waiver before injuring his idiot self, but the owners finally said to hell with it.

I can remember as a kid being harassed by a moonbat PETA-type lady for fishing off a pier. Unfortunately California became more and more of a magnet for these types until their numbers were large enough to pass laws to begin restricting all the fun stuff. The California lefties of today are like an entirely different species, with some sort of mutation that dropped deductive reasoning from their genetic code. They won't shut up or stop- ever. Once they think they have control over everything they want, they'll find another scapegoat for the problems and figure out how to extract tax revenue from something else then 'control' it out of existence. Very true that in the rural areas and 'red islands', people are not following these laws and the local sheriff departments DGAS. Regardless, ammo and other statewide restrictions are making things difficult regardless of location. It is a great place to visit if you know where to go / where to avoid. However, I would not move back to CA under any conditions and my remaining family is working on getting out of there.

LOL, I'm from approx 1 hour north of LA and surprisingly my home voting district is still a 'red' island. Though I know NESers have mixed opinions on Reagan, California was a great place to live when he was governor. I was pretty young but remember it well. We used to run around with guns all the time, only the most nosy old bitties would give us a dirty look. Miles to ride dirt bikes on open land, so long as you didn't mess with grazing cattle, etc. Over the years the state has become more and more bureaucratic and intrusive, which f's things up for the more conservative / libertarian areas. Also the legal scene is as bad or worse than in Mass. I used to race MX at Indian Dunes, which was adjacent to outdoor filming sets for shows like Baa Baa Black Sheep, Dukes of Hazzard, etc. It was pretty common to see huge flaming mushroom clouds when they would blow shit up for various shows / movies. After moving to the southeast, the Dunes was closed by a nasty lawsuit. I don't think the plaintiff necessarily won a judgement and had actually signed a waiver before injuring his idiot self, but the owners finally said to hell with it.

I can remember as a kid being harassed by a moonbat PETA-type lady for fishing off a pier. Unfortunately California became more and more of a magnet for these types until their numbers were large enough to pass laws to begin restricting all the fun stuff. The California lefties of today are like an entirely different species, with some sort of mutation that dropped deductive reasoning from their genetic code. They won't shut up or stop- ever. Once they think they have control over everything they want, they'll find another scapegoat for the problems and figure out how to extract tax revenue from something else then 'control' it out of existence. Very true that in the rural areas and 'red islands', people are not following these laws and the local sheriff departments DGAS. Regardless, ammo and other statewide restrictions are making things difficult regardless of location. It is a great place to visit if you know where to go / where to avoid. However, I would not move back to CA under any conditions and my remaining family is working on getting out of there.

I lived in CA for a while in the early '80s, and I can attest it was a very different state even then, at least gun-wise. B&B/Bumblebee Guns always had a huge ad in Shotgun News. The shit all started flowing downhill with Roberti-Roos in 1989. I was long gone by then...

and the women. The are very "welcoming."

Pretty sure you don't notice that accent because they're not speaking English.
Good thing there ain't a state or fed sanctioned language.

Back
Top Bottom