IT IS TIME WE ACT TOGETHER - AS ONE

B & K Sales LLC

Dealer
NES Member
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Maybe it is my age, maybe it is the questions about the recent "Victory" for the AG's office, maybe, just maybe it is time we put aside any differences/opinions we have and act together. Competition shooters (rifle & handgun), hunters, trap & skeet, or just those that like to punch paper: it is time to stand together and take charge of our own destiny. We, as gun owners must stand together, united against those who want to take away our sport, our heritage and the values many of us served our country to protect and defend.

The attorney general has dishonored veterans, male and female, hinting that we, the people that served our country, are no longer responsible to handle and own civilian versions of a weapon we were trained on to protect this country.

There are over 400,000 plus licensed gun owners in the state, all are potential voters. We do not have a single strong voice representing us. GOAL tries, however with just 16,000 plus members, the powers to be ignore GOAL's efforts. If GOAL had a membership of over 250,000 to 300,000, politicians would stand in line to listen to our story.

We are to blame, allowing politicians to control us, we can control them by using the voting booth. We, control our shooting heritage. We, the shooting community must present ourselves as a united front. Let US make OUR voices heard. GOAL needs memberships to carry YOUR words forward. If we do not join together as one, we can only blame ourselves.

Do your part, join or renew your GOAL membership, we need 300,000 voices to speak as one.

Just saying!

W.E.C

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m sure Facebook , Instagram and Twitter will put goal in touch with all the lisence holders in MA.[wave][rolleyes]

And it’s your civic duty to own a Glock , and have a show your Glock march on the state House.

F.U. Maura.

mothybee

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Couldn't agree more, that's why I re-up GOAL, GOA, NRA. Sad truth is 421,000 Doesn't swing elections in this God forsaken state. It's depressing.

gxx9sdb

NES Member
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
Couldn't agree more, that's why I re-up GOAL, GOA, NRA. Sad truth is 421,000 Doesn't swing elections in this God forsaken state. It's depressing.
Just imagine if each of use introduced a few new folks to shooting this year! We need more representation in my opinion, plain an simple. One trip to the range can evaporate a lifetime of anti-gun rhetoric.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
It’s time we as active gun owners SAY SOMETHING to our friends who are not that active and get them to join GOAL !
Maybe we as gun owners need to put a few bucks towards this goal and buy a friend a membership ? If we sponsor just one member each we can double the enrollment ! Could goal put out a message like this to membership ?

B & K Sales LLC

Dealer
NES Member
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Of 2.1 million votes cast in the last election, I believe Healy won by 60,000 and Baker by on 50,000. This coming November, it is not a Presidential election, turnout, if historically correct, voter turnout will be significantly less. Healy and Baker could be at risk.

Come and take

NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Just imagine if each of use introduced a few new folks to shooting this year! We need more representation in my opinion, plain an simple. One trip to the range can evaporate a lifetime of anti-gun rhetoric.
I agree.

The more we educate others, train, gain their interest, and how our rights are diminishing we gain the upper hand.

Like Brian said, the more we donate and tell others we gain more to fight for our rights. The fight still goes on and do not let up on the phone calls and emails to those crooked in office.

ADC

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I believe 421,000 would swing an election.

Baker won by less than 50,000 votes
Baker's ENTIRE vote count was approx 1,250,000

421,000 legal gun owners, ie VOTERS is one third of his vote count.

With GOAL hovering at about 17,000 ..

I firmly believe if GOAL had all 421,000 legal gun owners as members, not only would we be far more successful with the gun legislation, we could tell our legislators what kind of Girl Scout Cookies to buy.

With 421,000 members in GOAL, we would be more successful getting the legislators elected we need RE Brian's (OP) well stated points.

Nest time GOAL struggles to prevail, the ONE question TO ASK ...
HOW MANY MEMBERS, VOTERS DOES GOAL HAVE ???

If we want to be more successful, we should NOT criticize GOAL,
We SHOULD enlist more people to join GOAL.

Personally I feel GOAL has quite a unique pool of talent.
Thank you Jim, Jon, Mike and Angie !!!

Roy Rogers

NES Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Excellent points.

I believe 421,000 would swing an election.

Baker won by less than 50,000 votes
Baker's ENTIRE vote count was approx 1,250,000

421,000 legal gun owners, ie VOTERS is one third of his vote count.

With GOAL hovering at about 17,000 ..

I firmly believe if GOAL had all 421,000 legal gun owners as members, not only would we be far more successful with the gun legislation, we could tell our legislators what kind of Girl Scout Cookies to buy.

With 421,000 members in GOAL, we would be more successful getting the legislators elected we need RE Brian's (OP) well stated points.

Nest time GOAL struggles to prevail, the ONE question TO ASK ...
HOW MANY MEMBERS, VOTERS DOES GOAL HAVE ???

If we want to be more successful, we should NOT criticize GOAL,
We SHOULD enlist more people to join GOAL.

Personally I feel GOAL has quite a unique pool of talent.
Thank you Jim, Jon, Mike and Angie !!!

mothybee

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Excellent points all. I just think that out of 421000 gun owners most probably do and did vote. Would be extremely surprised if 50 voted for Healy. All I know for sure is I didn't and I stopped using my lawyer for having her sign in front of his office.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Can we stop using "Legal Gun Owners" How about just "Gun Owners"
This and I would also like to stop using the term "civilian version of a military rifle". I hate the distinction. We have been lapping up scraps since full auto's were banned form civilian possession. We should not be relegated to a "civilian version" of a military rifle. There should be no limits. Anything else is an infringement.
But pols use terms like "common sense" and the flock rubs to it as they do not want to be considered stupid for not thinking the same way. All the while the anti constitution pols are leading them down the path to a slaughter.

I have zero issue in trying to get others to join GOAL or the NRA or any group that supports 2A.

But you have these conformists that believe there should be limits on 2A. Mostly shotgun only people or people who hunt and do not use a sporting rifle. THEY DO NOT CARE for the most part as long as they are not infringed. Which is a very short sighted view.

I applaud your passion on the subject but we need to speak to young people and undo the damage these Nazi's are pushing in our schools.

It would be great to have the 400,000 or so gun people join GOAL. I don't see it happening. We have over 300 members in my club. And admittedly I do not make all the meetings. But the ones I can get to we very rarely break 20 members who are not a part of a committee or on the board.

People are beat by the constant attacks and I think they have given up. GOAL needs a major advertising campaign explaining the bor and the individual freedoms and our own individual responsibility for our own safety and security.

We need younger people . If GOAL and other gun groups don't come up with a strategy and a mantra then it will only get worse until our 2A rights are gone.

The Parkland thing would be a great example of government failure. It was ridiculed and people stopped talking about it. And the dems and other anti's used it to their advantage because we shut up about it.

We need to keep saying it. We need to keep pushing it. The NRA is called a NAZI group. But the NRA is standing up for individual freedoms whereas the left is trying to take rights but yet the NRA are the Nazis.

Another perfect opportunity and where the parkland students claims they were being punished by being required to where clear backpacks and they didn't commit a crime. Nobody ever identified that hypocritical view as they were forced to do something and they were trying to force oppression on others as a result......

I am not an eloquent speaker. But others are. We are missing opportunities to educate because we are afraid we would be looked down on by others and make more enemies and that might make us lose what is left of our 2A rights faster.

The time is here. Talk up the hypocrisy and point out how the left with the help of the MSM and these parkland sheep are manipulating most into surrendering individual freedoms.

No GOAL table at the last gun show....that might have helped generate membership. I can only assume (I could be wrong) that GOAL does not have a lot of out of state members....What about marketing to Mass non-res LTC holders for a discounted rate? They want to carry here so in affect their rights are being attacked as well.

Target all gun clubs. Ask clubs to give members discounts on membership fees if they join goal. There is nothing like this offered at my club.

Just a thought. But GOAL should be at every Massachusetts Gun Show. maybe set up tables outside of Cabela's and Bass pro like the cub scouts do to educate passersby about gun rights and GOAL.

Something needs to be done before every business turns totally anti.

ADC

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Given the nature of the subject of this thread, the potential upside vs downside RE our second amendment rights, this topic should be on fire with replies, comments and suggestions.

Just saying ...

DispositionMatrix

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck, but the current state of MA gun laws and what happened practically overnight in Vermont ought to tell you most gun owners could not care less about politics as they pertain to firearms. In MA a huge chunk of those alleged 421,000 gun owners probably vote for gun prohibitionists consistently and preface any discussion of firearm politics with the following:
I support the Second Amendment right to hunt, but...

Reactions: ADC

ADC

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Good luck, but the current state of MA gun laws and what happened practically overnight in Vermont ought to tell you most gun owners could not care less about politics as they pertain to firearms. In MA a huge chunk of those alleged 421,000 gun owners probably vote for gun prohibitionists consistently and preface any discussion of firearm politics with the following:
I don't think we lay down regardless ..

ADC

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Gun owners seem divided on principal ... We need a better sense of common ground.

MA 17% registered Republicans
MA 34% registered Democrats

49 % UN-enrolled ... Independent, call it what you want.

You think the MA legislature doesn't look at this and not believe for one minute that they can just refine the message and get the majority vote? Of course they do.

Everyone should also register as a Republican. Weather you agree with the RNC here in MA or not (Personally I don't agree with them), still it IS important to send a message to the Anti Gun folks and I think this is a good way.

Imagine if we became 25% registered Republicans? The 24 hour news cycle would run with that. Oh wait, they did in 2014 and we only were approaching 20% ...

The OP is right, we should be pulling together on this ... far more than we have historically done.

kmanick

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
you make a good point with the registering Republican. I'm an Independent and most of my conservative friends are as well.
The GOP has been an embarrassment for years and has pushed many conservatives like myself away.
When your house leaders are Paul Ryan and Mitch mcConnell?
ya I don't need to be affiliated with that party, but maybe it is time to bite the bullet.
I just got into USPSA, this limited mag capacity BS is driving me nuts. They will cripple us more
if we don't do something............and 3 gun is looking quite appealing I want the ability to get a freaking AR if I so choose to.

HorizontalHunter

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I like being unenrolled so I can choose the primary ballot I want. I like having the option to vote against a specific democrat if I want to.

I agree that we need to pull together but getting more organized to get the word out for calls and demonstrations would be more meaningful.

JMO,

Bob

LuvToGoFast

NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
These responses are why we lose. So many won’t even try, but they will complain.
I’m sure Facebook , Instagram and Twitter will put goal in touch with all the lisence holders in MA.[wave][rolleyes]

And it’s your civic duty to own a Glock , and have a show your Glock march on the state House.

F.U. Maura.
We don't control the voting booth, not in this corrupt state.

hennypenny

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Agreed. I made that decision some time ago and became a life member of the NRA and GOAL. Those who can't trust me with a gun can't be trusted with my vote. It's not about winning, it's about opposing what's wrong.

Top Bottom