• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

It is Time To Replace My PPS For a New CCW

Oc_px5W05ErXb5qus56SLp5y6DWRzbVyzpEO8EM9h03j3FBBrVX05bemcumkJ6R7TMv_IskxPUueer9Dj5RqB668vDcqZV1eec5Ez0SYlhy4Z1HwSgR8gYn5jYrDeXAdXXGMt4aICyv-GHWUmnbLDueO8zpOmZ-JbPI

[smugsmile]

Then my work here is done!

On a more serious note, the right gun for anyone is the gun they're comfortable with and handle safely.

If Broccoli is comfortable shooting a Hipoint and wearing his Pride tee shirt while doing so (redundant as that might be) then it is wholly unacceptable for us to criticize him. (or her - I don't want to assume)

Looks like you guys are not comfortable enough with your masculinity to rock a Hi Point. I suggest you buy a Glock.

thumb_gay-pride-glock-23706469.png

Can't understand why @Broccoli Iglesias or anyone else would buy a POS to protect their own life. Get the HK and put skinflint tendencies aside.

Are you sure this thread is not one big troll? Would you buy the cheap, low-quality, sketchy reputation parachute to save 200 bucks? Hell maybe you would.

... the Hipoint being pot metal doesn't instill a lot of confidence in longevity. Not that I foresee a lot of tactical maneuvers in my near future, but one dive to cover and you risk cracking your slide. Garand Thumb spiked it off of gravel in a torture test and the slide split in half on the next shot.
Old and Busted: Hi Point.
New Hotness: Hi Point FS.

I heard Taurus makes some decent guns these days (I think it’s the G2c that’s right in your price range)

have you given any consideration to the governor in .410? It’s not really in the realm of what you were looking at, but nothing says ‘I mean business’ like a handful of shotgun shells in a revolver on your hip!

I own the G2c. It's basically their copy of the sig 226. It will take the 226 standard cap mags and there is a slip on grip ring that will fill the gap created by the longer mag. It's a good little gun, I've had it for a few years now and it always goes bang. I wouldn't shy from trusting my life to it, functionally.

That being said, I don't have particularly large hands nor sausage fingers and I get slapped in the trigger finger by the trigger guard EVERY time I fire it. It really slows down followup shots. Just because of the size of the gun and shape of the guard it takes a really conscious effort to get just the pad of my finger on the trigger. Generally speaking, your trigger finger should be above and inline with your other fingers. With the G2 I cave to pull my finger away from the gun so far to avoid getting slapped that it is very awkward and slow.

It handles just fine and feels like it fits my had well. Right up to the moment you pull the trigger the first time. I have no idea what the OP's hands are like, but with this model I would highly suggest actually trying one at a range rather than just seeing how it feels in the store. It runs like a top, but just doesn't fit me.

If your PPS runs fine just stick with that homie. The one I had years ago worked fine once I replaced a few parts that were recalled, but I just couldn't get used to that mag release. I sold it to buy yet another gay old white man 1911. I'm not even boomer aged but goddamn do I act like it sometimes.

The R51 has had all kinds of problems from what I've read. F that thing. The Hi-Point is just... c'mon. Don't do it.

I have no idea what the OP's hands are like,

I think I remember reading a while back that he does landscaping...so he probably has sausage fingers too!

Can't understand why @Broccoli Iglesias or anyone else would buy a POS to protect their own life. Get the HK and put skinflint tendencies aside.

Are you sure this thread is not one big troll? Would you buy the cheap, low-quality, sketchy reputation parachute to save 200 bucks? Hell maybe you would.

it’s one thing to spend a ton of money on a rifle...but a pistol? I would never trust my life to a pistol alone unless it’s in .300 blackout!

Well, I see there is a lot of hate for the YEET CANNON. Although the hate seems to be mostly from guys that like guys (nothing wrong with that) and dudes with fat sisters that ... let's leave it at that.

I will go with the Remington R51.

Thank you NES once again for the great advice and funny memes.

I know the lady,s that can,t handle a Cz like the lc9 cause it comes in pink and baby blue....have you actually tried the pps m2 a lot of people seem very happy with it, though they may also shoot Cz,s in 40

If you want to be a real dangerous operator, you have to maintain the element of surprise when it comes to drawing firearms. For that reason you should carry an NAA Mini clenched between your butt cheeks, no one would ever expect it.

I wish CCW hand grenades would make a comeback.

I like them little Jap Pineapples with the curtain tassel...

1606172410526.png

If you want to be a real dangerous operator, you have to maintain the element of surprise when it comes to drawing firearms. For that reason you should carry an NAA Mini clenched between your butt cheeks, no one would ever expect it.
Then I would have to walk like Nadler.

Operator AF.

View: https://youtu.be/FTWNSh29h9I

I heard Taurus makes some decent guns these days (I think it’s the G2c that’s right in your price range)

have you given any consideration to the governor in .410? It’s not really in the realm of what you were looking at, but nothing says ‘I mean business’ like a handful of shotgun shells in a revolver on your hip!
Like this?
0324201523.jpg

Back
Top Bottom