• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

It is Time To Replace My PPS For a New CCW

Broc

NES Member
It is time for the PPS to go back in the safe and be replaced by a better gun. I like it, but I want a new gun. The new PPS is a POS. I hate that they changed the mag release, that killed it.

I am having a hard time making a desicion, I had it down to 3 guns and now two.

The gun I dropped, although bigger than the other two, I dropped it because I felt like a woman shooting it, which is too bad because I found a really good deal. It is a CZ 97 B. I never felt like such a b*tch shooting a gun until I tried that gun. It fit my hand nicely, but it was weird.

So, on to the two finalists. I will need your help here.

FINALIST 1:
Remington R51.

FINALIST 2:
Hi-Point YEET CANNON G1.

I read great things about both guns. They both seem to be solid and aparently more reliable than Glocks and SIG.

Both guns feel nice when shooting, much nicer than the b*tch @ss .45 CZ.

But, although I have been doing a lot of reading, I would like to hear what NES has to say.

What are your thoughts?

While we are at it, any holster (IWB) recommendations?

If you really want that style of gun the 2nd generation R51 is a better choice.

Not more reliable than a Glock. But people have managed to put 1k rounds through them without issues now.

Last edited:
obviously the CZ, bitch!

my newest CCW is a CZ, so I’m admittedly a little biased.

I have nothing of value to add...just wanted to call you a bitch with minimal repercussions because you outed yourself in the first post.
I really wanted the CZ, but as mentioned above, at least the .45 was g@y AF.

Maybe it is the boomer caliber. I need to find one in 9mm and try it.

I heard Taurus makes some decent guns these days (I think it’s the G2c that’s right in your price range)

have you given any consideration to the governor in .410? It’s not really in the realm of what you were looking at, but nothing says ‘I mean business’ like a handful of shotgun shells in a revolver on your hip!

Last edited:
Remington actually got the R51 back into production? The original was so bad that they yanked it from production and bought the ones they sold back.

If you're looking for a 9mm, I like the Mossberg MC1sc that I bought back in February.

> hi point pistol
> reliable
1606101351309.png

Edit: I should add something to this conversation rather than just snark. You Really should look at a colt 2000. Nothing is quite as sexy as those sleek lines. And reliable to boot!

Last edited:
Remington actually got the R51 back into production? The original was so bad that they yanked it from production and bought the ones they sold back.

If you're looking for a 9mm, I like the Mossberg MC1sc that I bought back in February.
As far as the mc1. I dont think we should list good guns in this post. Maybe a cobray terminator for concealed trench coat carry?

I didn't think of that one. It is not as good looking as the Yeet Cannon, but I will have to read about it. Reliability > good looks.

Yeah hi points are terrible and ugly. But are they unreliable? Never played with one. But are they?

I've only dropped 1 mag through a hi point but it had a failure to feed and a failure to extract. So 80% reliable in my sample. Shots were OK. By ok I mean as best you can get when holding a pistol with the ergonomics of a paving stone, and similar weight. At least you could probably hit someone with it.

> hi point pistol
> reliable
View attachment 414281

Oh trolling, riiight. Guess I need to be here a bit longer to know who's the funny guys and who's the slow ones :p
Trolling? Don't think so.

Most guns would explode if they did the same Hi-Point torture tests to them. 100%

OP, I have A YEET Cannon if you want to try it. You need to bring your own faggy 9mm though.

I've only dropped 1 mag through a hi point but it had a failure to feed and a failure to extract. So 80% reliable in my sample. Shots were OK. By ok I mean as best you can get when holding a pistol with the ergonomics of a paving stone, and similar weight. At least you could probably hit someone with it.
Ok so its good to go as far as you are concerned

Failure to feed could be shitty ammo or bad luck.
Failure to extract could also be the ammo, or the shooter.

Seriously guy, WTF?

First off your hatred of .40 is damn near legendary, but now also .45? Next you'll be saying 1911s are piles of shit as well.

If your little wrists can't handle either I suppose I could dig out a case of 115gr of 9 to sell you, although it'll cost you that " b*tch @ss .45 CZ".

Seriously guy, WTF?

First off your hatred of .40 is damn near legendary, but now also .45? Next you'll be saying 1911s are piles of shit as well.

If your little wrists can't handle either I suppose I could dig out a case of 115gr of 9 to sell you, although it'll cost you that " b*tch @ss .45 CZ".
I have always said the 1911 was a pile of shit. Get one grain of sand in there and it sh*ts itself.

But, they feel great when I hold them and look sexy AF.

Back
Top Bottom