It is guns like this, that really make me want to move to New Hampshire.

fencer

NES Member
I have never been much of a short barreled rifle guy, but then I saw this. The Honey Badger.
1604185180998.png

Chambered in 300 BLK and weighing just 4lbs 8oz.
All reviews say it is unbelievably quiet when suppressed.

1604185664532.png

Better off with a Sig Rattler. Piston system that you can shoot with the brace folded. Not easy to find these days.

Don't forget that in NH you can put useful muzzle devices on these [smile]

Isn't that the gun some dimwit at the ATF just outlawed by way of an opinion letter?
Not outlawed; the Honey Badger "Pistol" Cease and Desist is on hold until mid-December.

Worst case, pay the $200 tax and get the real-deal Honey Badger SBR

Better off with a Sig Rattler. Piston system that you can shoot with the brace folded. Not easy to find these days.
Like the Honey Badger, made in New Hampshire; used to be you could put guns on backorder at the SIG pro shop in Epping, not sure if that is still true?

If you are a NH resident, call around and you could get lucky; I got my latest SIG from SO-Amherst.

Last edited:
You can have something very close to that. Just need to get yourself a pre-ban lower.

Those are pretty hard to find. Most of the available ones are Colt which have stupidity built in. Things such as a sear block, oversized pins, relocated/offset front take down pin, and other such nonsense that make them more difficult to work with....

If you can find something like an Armalite pre-ban lower, BUY IT... I think PWA lowers are good pre-ban options as well. You want something with a magazine fence... Many pre-ban lowers don't have them... It's tough out there... Especially right now...

Garand thumb on YouTube does a review on it, check it out. He does great videos

That was an awesome review. Thank you for the heads up. But curse you because I went down the rabbit hole and ended up spending a ton of time watching his reviews! LOL
I like that he doesn't pull any punches. Great info.

This guy really likes his Honey Badger. And while his review leaves a lot to be desired, it is worth watching just because he can't stop giggling when ringing the steel with subsonic ammo. The coolest thing about this video is the flight time at distance. Amazing. And Colion is one of my favorite firearms personalities.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myEVWz3cdiY&t=502s

That was an awesome review. Thank you for the heads up. But curse you because I went down the rabbit hole and ended up spending a ton of time watching his reviews! LOL
I like that he doesn't pull any punches. Great info.

This guy really likes his Honey Badger. And while his review leaves a lot to be desired, it is worth watching just because he can't stop giggling when ringing the steel with subsonic ammo. The coolest thing about this video is the flight time at distance. Amazing. And Colion is one of my favorite firearms personalities.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myEVWz3cdiY&t=502s

LOL well I’m glad you enjoyed it though! Trust me I get hooked on this guys videos and end up buying a ton of shit to basically copy his set ups and gear. I know a lot of the cool kids here shit on T Rex arms but regardless the kid has some pretty good videos as well, they focus a lot on SBR’s and Pistols to give you in depth reviews of what’s good and bad ect.. I’m going through a hectic time myself trying to decide if I want to do and SBR or pistol or both. It’s a friggen rabbit hole

LOL well I’m glad you enjoyed it though! Trust me I get hooked on this guys videos and end up buying a ton of shit to basically copy his set ups and gear. I know a lot of the cool kids here shit on T Rex arms but regardless the kid has some pretty good videos as well, they focus a lot on SBR’s and Pistols to give you in depth reviews of what’s good and bad ect.. I’m going through a hectic time myself trying to decide if I want to do and SBR or pistol or both. It’s a friggen rabbit hole
Take a deep breath, count to 10.
Now, that's better, isn't it? [thumbsup]

Those are pretty hard to find. Most of the available ones are Colt which have stupidity built in. Things such as a sear block, oversized pins, relocated/offset front take down pin, and other such nonsense that make them more difficult to work with....

If you can find something like an Armalite pre-ban lower, BUY IT... I think PWA lowers are good pre-ban options as well. You want something with a magazine fence... Many pre-ban lowers don't have them... It's tough out there... Especially right now...

There are lots of Eagle Arms, PWA, and Bushmaster preban lowers available. You just have to look around more than just NES.

I wonder if you could get that set up as a pistol?
That way you wouldn’t have to worry about the Fed paperwork.

For another month, then if Biden wins the Feds are going to crack down on the pistol version again.

They are readily available on Gunbroker and Sturmgewehr.com. They just cost. I've owned over a half dozen over the years. PWA and Bushmaster are generally the best. I tell people that unless you want that Colt to keep as a retro A2 type gun, don't get Colt. Between the oversized fire control group pins and the front screw garbage, they are more trouble than they are worth. DPMS are fine. Some are forged, some are cast. The cast ones seem fine. They are generally dimensionally correct. I had an Olympic Arms cast lower that was flawless. The problems with Oly Arms was inconsistency. You might get a good one. You might not. Mine was good. I purchased it as a complete rifle. It was so accurate that I used it in service rifle matches for years.

If you do find a LE Colt with takedown pins and normal sized fire control group pins, its going to be hundreds more than a comparable quality PWA or Bushmaster.

Thank you for contacting New Hampshire. Due to higher than expected application volumes, your request cannot be processed at this time. Your anticipated wait time is...4 year<s>. During your hold time, please gather and defend your political positions.

Thank you for contacting New Hampshire. Due to higher than expected application volumes, your request cannot be processed at this time. Your anticipated wait time is...4 year<s>. During your hold time, please gather and defend your political positions.
[laugh] [laugh] [laugh] [laugh] [laugh] [laugh] [laugh] [laugh] [laugh] [laugh] [cheers][cheers][cheers]

Post of the week on NES!
You Sir - win the internet.
Brilliant... just brilliant.

Back
Top Bottom