• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

It felt like a meteor had struck the earth’: Reporter describes his experience firing an AR-15 at the range

The very first Appleseed shoot I went to - I brought my M1A. This was after reading Boston's Gun Bible and some Matt Bracken. I figured if I'm gonna learn how to shoot the "right" way - it might as well be with a battle rifle.

That was a tough day. It was sunny and relatively warm out - for April, I was sick - and that thing beat the hell out of me.

The next time around - I bought an AR.
[laugh] Brought mine(along with 1K rounds of 168gr FGMM) as well, but thankfully I was able to find another brick of .22 on the way out there. Certainly would've made for an expensive weekend otherwise.

OK, so the mean, evil looking AR is a beast to shoot.

Let's bring him to the range with some nice, safe Fudd guns. I've got a super light single shot 12ga with an Eco Friendly wooden stock that doesn't look at all scary. It has even less capacity than Xiden's HD favorite, the double barrel. Let's see if we can snap his spine with a 1oz slug.

Needs to be on the receiving end of a 30.06.
I agree. Take a close look at this guy...he is an enemy of every firearm owner in the United States.

If he was the one vote for or against owning firearms, your rights would be terminated.

The problem is people like him are trying to jockey themselves into power in a way that they can manipulate or infringe on you right to bear arms...I am looking right at you David Chipman.

Do you think that Chipman after being a lobbyist for Giffords would be a neutral arbiter for your rights?

Arbiter = AR BITER...seems appropriate, Chipman is as anti as they come. I never want him in a position to decide anything about my gun rights.

If only these morons knew how much of a pussy they sound like [laugh2]

I'd love to hear what the reaction would be to lighting off a couple .50 BMG rounds or something.
.50 is ok compared to an Afrikaner hippo or elephant rifles. That shit really kicks.
But, virtue signaling reporting is what pays dividends. AR rifles are evil and only thing worse than those weapons of war are the people who own them.

He can come to my house. We'll take the 18" 12ga pump out, load it with slugs, pull off the butt-stock, see who gets a sore hand first shooting it single-handed like a pistol.

But I LIKE recoil. I once went to an Appleseeds with my Mosin. Hot day, the cosmoline was melting and "weeping" out of the stock. AQT's were tough....

I remember an Army training film I saw in the past. I forget why I saw it as I wasn't in the Army. Anyway, a Drill Sergeant was demonstrating a M16 to a group of recruits. He told them that there was just about no recoil. He put the butt of the gun against his groin and fired the full magazine. It didn't seem to phase him one bit. Then again he was an adult male, not whatever this reporter is.

Part of the problem, or maybe not problem....situation....is that most people in this country have no experience with firearms, other than the movies and TV.

I can remember off the top of my head, only two more-or-less accurate representations of firearms being discharged in an enclosed environment - one was on the Sopranos, where someone was whacked in a car, and the guy that did the shooting was like, "AAAH....mother-----" because he was in such pain from his ears, and in Counterpart, where a guy was getting taken to the gulag or whatever, but was a bad-ass. As he was being led out of the bar, he grabbed a napkin, and used it as ear pro. Capping two thugs in a sedan is not quiet.

I'd NEVER start a brand-new shooter off with anything bigger than a .22 until I can assess their reaction.

I can shoot a 12 ga all day long with foam plugs, no issue. An AR on the outdoor range is more intense, especially with a brake.

It's a scares and feelz piece, nothing more. I have a lot of things that are more intense recoil-and report-wise than an AR. But, when you "Know" that a silenced pistol is as loud as shutting a laptop, and cops can put x number of rounds into a perp in an apartment, and have a whispered conversation two minutes later, an AR on an indoor range is meteoric, indeed.

At least for the purposes of scaring the unfamiliar.

I'm about as wimpy as they come but the recoil of an AR is that devastating this guy needs a testosterone trans fusion. Heaviest recoil I've experienced heavy loads from a Ruger No1 in 45/70 and 375 H&H same model rifle about 3 times that of a 30'06.

They’re Danes or Swedes, not Germans. Basically descendants of the Vikings.

Seems like the descendants of the Vikings really lost the bloodline somehow. Sweden has cucked itself into oblivion - and some of the worst places in this country for relentless liberal cuckery are out in the Midwest - which is chock full of Viking descendants.

Back
Top Bottom