• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

It could get worse than legislation- Wall Street could get involved

Perfect. No, this is good. Privatize gun manufacturing. It's not as bad as you think. Didn't this happen with Bushmaster in Windham, sold to Remington, creating Windham Weaponry? Is that a publicly traded company? Didn't Harley Davidson get bought back by the original owners and privatized, before it went public again? F Wall Street. Socially responsible capitalism? What?

What a moron, he really expect people to come up with at least $250 million dollars to purchase a firearms company, and then run it under a set of rules that will have it out of business within a year?

With sales at such a pace that demand can't keep up, I don't see that happening. It's a wishful thinking OPINION piece on CNN. Would you expect anything better than this trash article?

This is a joke right??????

They're talking about acquiring a business, with the intent of destroying it. No shit, it's even written in the proposal:

vi) Agrees that if the effort to provide moral leadership in the weapons industry doesn't succeed within a year, BFF should consider corporate euthanasia

To top it all off, they're going to lobby public pension funds to invest in their business. I really had to double check to make sure I was really reading CNN and not The Onion. Do people even think before they submit this type of crap?

On the other hand, how many members does NES have? If every member participated in a "group buy" how much would it cost each of us to buy the firearms company?

I had the check the header to make sure I wasn't reading something from "The Onion." For a guy who "was a partner a leading global private equity firm," he is really stupid.

I think the article was written with tongue firmly iin cheek.

That's how I read it too.

That was my take. I thought it was pretty well done. I especially liked the suggestion to buy back the evil guns they had sold in the past. [laugh]

ETA: On second thought, if the guy is serious, that would be even more entertaining! [rofl]

Last edited:
CNN doesn't typically do comedy. I wonder if they thought he was serious. I also wonder if he is serious too.

I don't know if the author slipped one by CNN, but certainly the publishers thought he was serious and published it as such. It's as stupid as any other gun control measure.

[rofl]

Two things libtards don't understand above all else:

1) Each other: They don't want to put THEIR money where their mouth is, they want to put YOUR money where their mouth is.
2) The economics of supply and demand.

Back
Top Bottom