It Came!!!

14 weeks later, and about 20 calls to the local PD, and I finally get a call back from Detective tonight, my permit arrived, and I can come and pick it up tomorow. I'm almost there! I just have to go to department of puplic safety and get my CC liscence and I'm good to go!

RebelGT said:
I cann't wait, my brother is sending me a .357 revolver, a .22 semi auto, and I'm going to get a P99 from the local shop :)
Congrats on the license and the new acquisitions!

RebelGT said:
14 weeks later, and about 20 calls to the local PD, and I finally get a call back from Detective tonight, my permit arrived, and I can come and pick it up tomorow. I'm almost there! I just have to go to department of puplic safety and get my CC liscence and I'm good to go!

Rebel...CONGRATS!!!

You actually don't have to go to the DOPS right away if you don't want to make the drive...The permit you pick up from your detective is a Temporary State Permit that is good for 30 days, and is just as good as your permanent permit that you will get. You can still buy (and pick up) guns and CC with it.

Post some pics when you get your new toys [wink]

dreppucci007 said:
Rebel...CONGRATS!!!

You actually don't have to go to the DOPS right away if you don't want to make the drive...The permit you pick up from your detective is a Temporary State Permit that is good for 30 days, and is just as good as your permanent permit that you will get. You can still buy (and pick up) guns and CC with it.

Post some pics when you get your new toys [wink]

Is this true in CT? Because the NRA safety instructor told me I have to go ge the liscence.

RebelGT said:
Is this true in CT? Because the NRA safety instructor told me I have to go ge the liscence.

I lived in CT for 6 years and I got my first Firearms Permit there, too. Unless the laws have changed over the last year and a half since I've been gone, what I said is true.

It's a good idea to go and get it ASAP, but not absolutely necessary. The temporary permit is just as good and legit as the permanent one. That drive to Country Club Road, IIRC, can be a long one.

dreppucci007 said:
I lived in CT for 6 years and I got my first Firearms Permit there, too. Unless the laws have changed over the last year and a half since I've been gone, what I said is true.

It's a good idea to go and get it ASAP, but not absolutely necessary. The temporary permit is just as good and legit as the permanent one. That drive to Country Club Road, IIRC, can be a long one.

Yeah, I just found that out to be true last night, I'm going to try and get my permit at middletown today, I work on Industrial Park Rd, so I think it should be just down the street a bit. Oh.... and I went to the gun store today.. I changed my mind, the M&P changed my mind, it's more left hand friendly, trying to operate the P99 with my left hand, it just wasn't happening...

Ok... Correction. You cann't purchase a firearm with the temporary permit. I went to the gun shop today, and I was told I had to come back to pick up my gun with the actual liscence, ughh... The saga continues.

dreppucci007 said:
Hmmm...weird. Must've changed recently then. Either that or the particular shop just won't accept it. Which shop are you buying from?

The gun shop says thats the way its been for a while, he said when they used to have city permits it was like you explained, but now thats its through the state, they need the actual liscence, because the temporary permit doesn't have a number on it. I'm buying the gun from Wolfs.

she's mine, allll mine. I put some rounds through her right after I got it, shoots real easy. It's natural to aim, and shoots pretty straight, first time shooting it, I kept a 4" group at 35 feet, and a 6" group at 45 feet. The recoil is really well dispersed for a polymer frame fun, it doesn't feel like much more then a .22, it's pretty slick. The trigger is very military of course, thats about my only complaint, theres light action in the trigger, till you hit a solid wall, and it becomes an 8lb pull at that point I think. I like a progressive trigger myself, one that'll suprise you everytime it goes off. All in all it's not tooooo bad. I think I'll be happy with it [smile]

mphero.jpg

it was meant to be, fits like a glove.
mpholding.jpg

manditory shocker pic.

mpshocker.jpg

Pilgrim said:
MAss. law mandates you must get it within 45 days. The gov't breaks their own law every day.

True, but in Rebel's case (he lives in CT), it's typical to take ~10-12 weeks. When I lived in CT, I started the process on my 21st birthday at the end of August, and finally got my permit towards the end of November.

Back
Top Bottom