• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

It begins....

Who say's your Governor in Mass is totally dumb. Even he recognizes that the GOVERNOR is the key to disaster management. Is he a Republican? Doesn't sound like a Liberal Democrat to me.

MR: Yeah, that's the reality. You know, in your plans, you begin to identify what resources you have, but not until you see the crisis itself developing do you know exactly the way you ought to respond to it. So if you're sitting in Louisiana, and you see what's about to hit you, then you say look. We need more helicopters. We need more paratroopers. We need more police, and you call on your pacts with the surrounding National Guard in other states, and say, look. We want you to come here. You call the federal government and say exactly what you want. The governor is the person at the state level who calls for resources from surrounding states and from the federal government. And if the governor's asleep at the switch, then nothing happens.

Nickle said:
Who say's your Governor in Mass is totally dumb. Even he recognizes that the GOVERNOR is the key to disaster management. Is he a Republican? Doesn't sound like a Liberal Democrat to me.

Mitt Romney is technically a Republican, although some of his actions make me think he's more of a RINO. He's also a gelding, as the Mass house has a huge Democratic majority who cheerfully override everything Mitt tries to do.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=1152678

NEW ORLEANS Sep 23, 2005 — Hurricane Rita's steady rains sent water pouring through breaches in a patched levee Friday, cascading into one of the city's lowest-lying neighborhoods in a devastating repeat of New Orleans' flooding nightmare.

"Our worst fears came true," said Maj. Barry Guidry of the Georgia National Guard.

"We have three significant breaches in the levee and the water is rising rapidly," he said. "At daybreak I found substantial breaks and they've grown larger."

Back
Top Bottom