• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

It begins! 129th Maine Legislature.

Maine was part of Massachusetts! It was split off when the country needed to keep an even number of abolition vs. slave states (era when mid-western territories were gaining statehood) in the lead up to the Civil War.

Just a general comment...not pointing out anyone in particular...but, oh boy yet another lets bash all the other states surrounding us for our own short comings....Kind of like the not my kid syndrome.

Thing ya really need to be yapping about is what you are going to do about it?

Just my opinion. o_O

Well, I was just re-posting from GOME's website. From the GOME status list of bills from the 128th legislature, it seems they did an excellent job in advancing our 2A rights. But I fear that road might get much harder soon.

I just wish there was a more active online community outside of Facebook up here in Maine, kind of like the Massachusetts sections here on NES. We might need it. But then again, maybe my dislike of Facebook is a personal issue I need to overcome :)

Last edited:
Well, I was just re-posting from GOME's website. From the GOME status list of bills from the 128th legislature, it seems they did an excellent job in advancing our 2A rights. But I fear that road might get much harder soon.

I just wish there was a more active online community outside of Facebook up here in Maine, kind of like the Massachusetts sections here on NES. We might need it. But then again, maybe my dislike of Facebook is a personal issue I need to overcome :)

i agree whole-heartedly...GOME has started to form up local (by county or region) chapters and i was saying to one of the deep southern maine chapter leaders just this morning that there needs to be more than just facebook pages. i became a card carrying GOME member last year and have heard nothing from the mothership since then. maybe i suck at navigating but their website doesn't seem to be updated all that often and snail mail info simply doesn't happen. i'm admittedly a noob in maine but all i can think of is people who live in "real maine" not being kept abreast because they lack good internet or just don't use social media. maybe i'm an alarmist cuz i'm so used to mass and how much of a lost cause it is.....
anyhow, if you're the type that uses facebook, there is most likely a page for your local chapter. a search for "gun owners of maine chapter" should help you find your local group.
there is also a new group started by eric brakey called free maine campaign. not necessarily a gun group but a libertarian group that is very pro gun.
Free Maine Campaign

Maine has one of the most controversial AGs as governor now. The legislature is controlled by the communists, there are no checks and balances. It is time to apply the Electoral college to state elections, in too many states only one or two counties make decisions for the rest of the state. Do we have any friends in the legislature who can introduce pro gun laws that we can get behind? Let the communists react to us for a change. Rarely do we seem to be on the offensive, we always are in defense mode trying to keep things from getting worse.
It is time to impeach Mills, after all she won the election. If the communists can make that case against the President , we can make it too.

i agree whole-heartedly...GOME has started to form up local (by county or region) chapters and i was saying to one of the deep southern maine chapter leaders just this morning that there needs to be more than just facebook pages. i became a card carrying GOME member last year and have heard nothing from the mothership since then. maybe i suck at navigating but their website doesn't seem to be updated all that often and snail mail info simply doesn't happen. i'm admittedly a noob in maine but all i can think of is people who live in "real maine" not being kept abreast because they lack good internet or just don't use social media. maybe i'm an alarmist cuz i'm so used to mass and how much of a lost cause it is.....
anyhow, if you're the type that uses facebook, there is most likely a page for your local chapter. a search for "gun owners of maine chapter" should help you find your local group.
there is also a new group started by eric brakey called free maine campaign. not necessarily a gun group but a libertarian group that is very pro gun.
Free Maine Campaign
There was a member’s forum at one time. It fell into disuse, everyone went to the fb group. It’s time to bring it back, I think...

Back
Top Bottom