• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

issues with new holster

OCB

I recently purchased a Galco holster for my Sig 229. When it first arrived, it was WAAAAY too snug, so, following the Galco recommended breaking in techniques and using a few tips I found here on NES, I now have the holster to the point where I can draw and holster the gun without any problems. However, as soon as I try to actually wear the thing, the bend imparted to the holster by the curvature of my waist (plus the tightening-up of my belt) causes the holster to compress on the gun, making it extremely difficult to draw or holster. I currently have my gun in the holster and I've sort of bound the belt loops in such a way as to bend the holster, hoping this will stretch it in the needed way.

http://www.ambientsw.com/rcgalcts250b.html

Am I doing something wrong? Any suggestions?

Welcome, I been looking for a decent holster for my 4013tsw All but the hardest to conceal are so far not so good. I do have a nice leather holster I bought a few years back. Fits and draws/retains/reholsters great. Bought it used. Only problem is it hangs way to far out.

I would really like a good IWB tuckable holster, I want to try it first though. Thus far no shops had had a decent one yet.

The top screw above the trigger on the holster is an adjusting screw . I would put the gun and holster on and then back out the top screw which should loosen up the grip on the gun. If that doesn't work you'll just have to break it in. Drawing and re-hostering over and over again. I had a similar issue with the same holster on my 1911. I ended up cutting off the top part and that helped some.

I have a Galco holster for a Sig 239 that was also very tight. It's not my favorite holster, but I was able to make it work until I could get a better one. I just mangled the thing as much as possible by bending, twisting, and stretching it. I even used a piece of wood to twist inside the holster to open it up a bit. After all of that it was usable.

I had an Uncle Mike's IWB nylon holster when I had my S&W 5946. The holster moved around a little bit, but it was comfortable and easy to draw from. Impossible to reholster though.

I should have, but never did spend the coin for a quality leather IWB holster.

Back
Top Bottom