• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Issued used firearm

You must not own a 29 yet. I have never licked it, cuz that would just be gross, but I would be lying if I said I didn't polish the barrel with the silicone cloth more than other guns when cleaning.
View attachment 235670

I don't think I have one. There's a nice Python kicking around but the whole Walking Dead shark jump sort of took the fun out of that one. I'll put it on the "Eventually" list.

Last edited:
Fencer, this photo looks Christmas Card quality with the colors and poinsettias. Will you be mailing them out this year? [grin]

The faces at the Post Office would be... precious.

upload_2018-6-2_10-24-21-png.235670

Almost all of my guns are used they even came with a brass casing to prove it.

I'm torn on the thought having the job of test firing in a factory.

I mean, yeah, you get to shoot all day long and I'm sure after firing 2 or 3 million rounds you could probably shoot Trap with a pistol, but there's only so much variety in the products one factory produces...

It MUST get boring after a while?

I'm torn on the thought having the job of test firing in a factory.

I mean, yeah, you get to shoot all day long and I'm sure after firing 2 or 3 million rounds you could probably shoot Trap with a pistol, but there's only so much variety in the products one factory produces...

It MUST get boring after a while?

Unless you are working for Glock. The occasional exploding firearm will add some variety to your day.

Suck it up buttercup! The sight fell off my first dept issued P226 at my first qual, “go in the back and find a vest and uniforms that fits you!” Only thing I got new was my shoes, and they sucked!

Bumping this thread.... because it is AWESOME. LOL. And in recognition of what a good shit the OP is.
NES needs more posters who don't freak out when harassed a little and can chuckle at themselves a little.

OP, I hope you are on the job and all is going well. All the best.

LOL. My very first sidearm that I actually carried for my protection was "ol' slab sides", a 1911A1 that was issued to me by the Marine Corps as an MP in the 70's. Although it was obviously rebuilt a couple of times, it had CLEARLY gone through WW2, Korea and Vietnam.

My mortar platoon had an M2 with a 1944 date on it. Made by the GE Refrigerator Division. This was 20 years ago; I have no doubt they’re still issuing that gun. It ran like a top.

So... yeah. Your little Glock will shoot.

1944. WaWaWa. My C Rations were older than that.

Last edited:
No problem as long as the Glock has been detail stripped and inspected by a qualified person. I have seen breakage of internal parts (the pin with the two notches and the locking block) that did not prevent the Glock from running but were still breakages.

You think being issued a used firearm is bad, some of us in the private sector have been issued used computers (I have always been issued new personal desktops or laptops, but have been issued plenty of use lab systems). And, on every occasion, I have been issued a used desk.

The agency I was with gave us a choice they would issue a Glock 21 or you could purchase and use as your duty weapon a Glock 22,21 or a 1911.
The problem with owning your own is that should it become part of a case it could be out of your hands for quite sometime, if not gone forever.
My FTO carried a issued Glock 21 that ran like a watch in the years that I served with him as did my owned Glock 22 that I probably put 11,000
rounds through. Your agencies armorer is not going to issue a weapon he/she is not confident in.

Back
Top Bottom