Issue with OLIGHT Baldr Pro

I wanted to make this thread to caution other's in the market for a tactical weapon light for their handgun.

This light failed on me after owning it for 2 months and with extremely small usage. The left button just stopped working completely. I've used it for approximately 1 hour & haven't needed to change the batteries once. I guess I've learned my lesson yet again for going with a "cheaper" accessory for my firearm. If anyone has any recommendations for a tactical light for my glock 19 I'd appreciate it!

This is the exact product I'm referencing in my thread
Amazon product ASIN B0833MMN67View: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0833MMN67/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

EDIT: After playing around with the light, I pushed the left switch that wasn't working with some extra force and it is now functioning again just fine.
Definitely a bit concerning as I'm certain I hadn't caused the light to stop working by myself and it seems like the connection inside the switch stopped working and needed to be pushed.

Last edited:
I wanted to make this thread to caution other's in the market for a tactical weapon light for their handgun.

This light failed on me after owning it for 2 months and with extremely small usage. The left button just stopped working completely. I've used it for approximately 1 hour & haven't needed to change the batteries once. I guess I've learned my lesson yet again for going with a "cheaper" accessory for my firearm. If anyone has any recommendations for a tactical light for my glock 19 I'd appreciate it!

This is the exact product I'm referencing in my thread
Amazon product ASIN B0833MMN67View: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0833MMN67/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'd send that back to Olight for warranty. They have a 5 year factory defect coverage.

However, I will say that I'm done buying things like lights, scopes and red dots from Amazon. Too much room for potential gray market knock offs. Are you sure yours is legit? The more recent knock offs are very convincing from the outside, but junk on the inside.

I'd send that back to Olight for warranty. They have a 5 year factory defect coverage.

However, I will say that I'm done buying things like lights, scopes and red dots from Amazon. Too much room for potential gray market knock offs. Are you sure yours is legit? The more recent knock offs are very convincing from the outside, but junk on the inside.

I agree with this. Got a counterfeit Mophie charging case. It was a great counterfeit. If I hadn’t been replacing the same case (bought direct from Mophie), I wouldn’t have known. You can buy direct from Olight.

I've read (amazon product reviews) about knock off issues with various products, I have no idea whether this is a knock off or not and I'd assume it's not a knockoff as I purchased it brand new via amazon o light store. It's not a $300 Streamlight but I still spent $150 on this light, and am pretty disappointed that is just stopped working like this.

I guess it's time to stop buying from amazon as much as I do. However, I do try to buy from manufacture websites from time to time and with firearm related stuff I'm always redirected to local stores & vendors that might carry their product. Plus, with amazon prime it's hard to turn down free shipping.

I hope that I can get a full refund and put it towards this streamlight, which is even cheaper & actually has better reviews. Streamlight seems like a better brand than olight.

Amazon product ASIN B00B8Q31UQView: https://www.amazon.com/Streamlight-69260-Weapon-Tactical-Flashlight/dp/B00B8Q31UQ/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=streamlight+tlr-1+hl&qid=1606773671&s=hi&sr=1-2

I just bought this exact thing on the Black Friday weekend sale. It’s the third light I’m getting in total I’m the last month. Got a P.L. mini and Odin mini all from O light. They say they have a 5 yr warranty so hopefully they can take care of it.

I'd still check if it's covered from Olight. I have lots of their products and never had any issues, all seem to be good quality.

I sent them an email, I don't doubt they will offer great customer service with a return or repair. We will see. However, with this type of product I'd rather just return it and get a better product (based off of reviews and personal experience).

I just bought this exact thing on the Black Friday weekend sale. It’s the third light I’m getting in total I’m the last month. Got a P.L. mini and Odin mini all from O light. They say they have a 5 yr warranty so hopefully they can take care of it.

I'll update this thread once I get a reply from olight and see what they can offer. The left switch just stopped working, It's a side button. However, playing around with it some more if you press it from a certain angle it works every now and again. Completely defective though as it's totally random. The right switch still works however. If you press both buttons at the same time it turns on a strobe effect which it's currently not doing as it's near impossible to get them both to work at the same time now.

Olight flashlights have a pretty good reputation overall and I’m sure that they will make it right if given the chance.

On the vast majority of modern flashlights there is an electrical and physical lockout to prevent accidental activation.

The physical lockout is just turning the body a 1/2 turn or so to break the return connection so make sure that the head, tail, and body of the flashlight are tight.

Take a look at the manual to see if there is an electrical lockout and see what the unlock process is. You may have activated it accidentall.

Bob

Olight flashlights have a pretty good reputation overall and I’m sure that they will make it right if given the chance.

On the vast majority of modern flashlights there is an electrical and physical lockout to prevent accidental activation.

The physical lockout is just turning the body a 1/2 turn or so to break the return connection so make sure that the head, tail, and body of the flashlight are tight.

Take a look at the manual to see if there is an electrical lockout and see what the unlock process is. You may have activated it accidentall.

Bob

Very interesting, thank you for the advice Bob!

I can't stop messing around with it, I found an angle to push the left switch so it turns on. Once I found that angle to make it still work, I went ahead and pushed it with a little extra force, nothing over the top, and now the light works again just fine. It seems like the connection that it uses was faulty and needed to be pushed back into place.

I have a Olight Odin Mini on the way for a rifle to play around with. This will be my first Olight. I’m hearing good things for a “budget light”.

I have several Streamlight TLR-1, 1s and a few TLR-7a and so far they’ve all been great. It’s my favorite switch style.

Surefire’s are good but cost much more and if I’m in that price range I’ll go with Modlite from here on out.

If you haven’t tried a Modlite you should. You won’t be disappointed.

I’ve had great luck with olight. But all the ones I’ve gotten were the genuine ones. Not knock offs.

Prob have 6 now. I’m getting a few more in the next few days.

Hey @FloridaLife23 , I was curious how you made out with Olight customer service. Any update?

I apologize for the late reply...

Olight was kind enough to take my light back & send out a brand new one for me.

Before I sent it out, I pushed in the connector inside the side switch I was having issues with and it worked, but as something did happen with it I felt the need to get a new one, as who knows how long that would be feasible.

Great light, but after having a lot more experience with other lights I can honestly say just spend the extra money and buy a streamlight....I have a few brands and I can pretty much assume any weapon light under $80 is probably a little too cheap.

I purchased an Olight Warrior X Pro flashlight 8 months ago. Over the past few months it has gotten exceedingly difficult to charge it. Anyone have similar issues?

If an olight malfunctioning it’s the cheap Chinese circuitry. One needs to disconnect the power source/battery and hook it back up. Then will likely work. 3 months later it will fail again. I carry their warrior mini or S2R II for EDC but there’s a reason I own zero of their WMLs. Streamlight or surefire only. I’m not Gucci enough for a modlight or cloud defensive but their products look slick.

If an olight malfunctioning it’s the cheap Chinese circuitry. One needs to disconnect the power source/battery and hook it back up. Then will likely work. 3 months later it will fail again. I carry their warrior mini or S2R II for EDC but there’s a reason I own zero of their WMLs. Streamlight or surefire only. I’m not Gucci enough for a modlight or cloud defensive but their products look slick.

I have Streamlights on most of my AR's. I do have one "Gucci" AR, a Daniel Defense DDM4A1 - and it's got a Cloud Defensive Rein on it. I won the AR as a raffle prize at a match, and I reached out to a friend of mine who's both employed as an engineer at DD and a serious tactical guy. He recommended the Rein, and after I got over the sticker shock I bought it. It's a very nice piece of equipment.

😆

Except for when their flashlights explode and their customer service just says it was probably bumped while in the bag and was on for too long. And that wasn’t even the case where an olight flashlight killed a dude. Gruesome Death

I can’t find the links to the guy who had it blow up on his gun though. But basically, flashlight blew up. He contacted their customer service, and CS just told him it was probably bumped on while he was driving and was on too long. Excuse me? If I have my flashlight on too long, I only expect it to turn off, not blow up.

Olight pays LOTS of YouTube/Instagram gun influencers to shill their products. But in actual use, they do not have a good reputation.

That said, their rechargeable/non-replaceable battery cells are likely a response to exploding lights. Being able to control what batteries are in there should increase safety. But some of the explosions occurred with olight brand 123a batteries... so who knows.

Personally, I’ll just pay a tiny bit more and get a Streamlight.

Last edited:
😆

Except for when their flashlights explode and their customer service just says it was probably bumped while in the bag and was on for too long. And that wasn’t even the case where an olight flashlight killed a dude. Gruesome Death

I can’t find the links to the guy who had it blow up on his gun though. But basically, flashlight blew up. He contacted their customer service, and CS just told him it was probably bumped on while he was driving and was on too long. Excuse me? If I have my flashlight on too long, I only expect it to turn off, not blow up.

Olight pays LOTS of YouTube/Instagram gun influencers to shill their products. But in actual use, they do not have a good reputation.

That said, their rechargeable/non-replaceable battery cells are likely a response to exploding lights. Being able to control what batteries are in there should increase safety. But some of the explosions occurred with olight brand 123a batteries... so who knows.

Holy crap. I hadn’t hear about these incidents.

Bob

😆

I was of the opinion of f*** them for the highlighted, but the rest is f***ed I had heard about the exploding, but not that somebody died.

I have great experiences with Streamlight, Surefire, Modlite AND Cloud. Never touched Olight because they have the most cancerous business policy towards dealers where they literally sell their lights at dealer or below dealer cost every single month.

Olight is skinflint gutter trash, not shocked. Some people have had those f****** things catch on fire at cetera f*** those things...

The solution to your Olight problems comes in a Surefire box. And: no! Olight is not JUST AS GOOD.

Olight used to send me a ton of free stuff to review. Most of their stuff is “great for the price” but I would probably choose a Surefire or StreamLight if I could only choose one.

After having tested dozens of Olight products, I think they are great for normal use around the house or camping and such. For a real life combat light, I would go with another brand.

Back
Top Bottom