• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Issue: Upper/Lower Vice blocks for LM308MWS

SnakeEye

Banned
hello all,
I recently purchased a Lewis Machine & Tool LM308MWS and of course need the armoring tools and accessories required to maintain the rifle.
It utilizes SR-25 Style Magazines, so I purchased the Brownells AR-Style .308 Lower Reciever Block. And in typical Murphy's law fashion I cant even get the thing 1/16" of an inch into the mag well. Way too thick..Plus the slots and mag release catch look as though they would be nowhere even close to being a match even if it did somehow fit.
I had also ordered the DPMS AR-15/AR-STYLE .308 Upper Receiver Block. And as it turns out this one isn't even remotely close either, the width is all wrong, far too thick, and there appears to be insufficient clearance for the gas tube even if It could be insert it all the way in. There's also insufficient clearance for the radii of the body of the upper receiver at the forward lug end. So essentially its been an utter and complete fail all around..

I figured things of this nature were mil-spec and had little room for variation, especially on LM&T's end. This is after all a currently fielded battle rifle.
So the question now is, who's wrong and who's in spec?
I'm out the money, there's no returning them i'm sure as they're all opened etc...
And now I'm even more concerned about the no-fit condition of the SR-25 style .308 lower block. As I only have the one 5rd mag the the rifle shipped with, will SR-25 mags even fit this rifle?
Until i know who's right and who's wrong, I'm genuinely afraid this rifle may be incorrectly manufactured and as an extension of that, to air on the side of caution, reluctant to fire It. (which i have not as of yet)

Curious if anyone else has one of these beasts and has already thwarted this situation.
thanks.

Last edited:
I'm sorry I don't have any info to help. But... I just purchased an MP10 and am very interested in purchasing your .308 vice blocks. At least you won't be out ALL your funds. If you do sell them to me I could inform you if they fit MP10's. Let me know.

Not only too thick, but the LMT Mag well and Magazines have complimenting T-Slots. These mags are not SR-25 type as alleged. To my untrained eye they appear to be completely proprietary.
And thank you John, I'll be ordering tonight/tomorrow. :)

50s64o.jpg

Back
Top Bottom