ISS APRS

MaverickNH

NES Member
5:55pm 20Nov the ISS passed overhead at a zenith of 81 degrees in Southern NH. I dunno if the APRS was working but I connected the wrong antenna cable to my HT and missed any 2M reception opportunity 🤨

I lol be ready next time!

Any updates? The idea of communicating with (or through) the ISS as it orbits us at 270 miles in altitude, going almost 18,000 mph, is simply mind blowing. Or more appropriately, it blows my simple mind. I’ve had limited success just monitoring. So far I’ve heard comms pile up on one of three attempts.

Not on APRS, but my radio was scanning and suddenly stopped on the ISS RX frequency. By the time I came to my senses and got it setup to TX, he was gone. Stupid ISS goes too fast. Fortunately the FT-8900 I'm using has 6 "hyper" memories, which remember the way the whole radio is setup, i.e. memory A on left side, memory B on right side, TX set to A, power level, etc. So next time I just hit #6 and it's ready to go. I've never heard the ISS before, so I may have to wait a while. Pretty cool though.

Back
Top Bottom