Israel to Ease Gun Regulations

Horrible

NES Member
US Pols could probably learn something here:

Israel to Ease Gun Regulations | Breitbart

The new regulations were pushed by the Knesset’s Gun Lobby head Likud MK Amir Ohana.

A civilian carrying a weapon is more of a solution than a threat, and doubles as assistance for the security forces,” Ohana told Haaretz, noting that “in 11 attacks in just the Jerusalem area, they neutralized the threat.”

“Sending the citizens of Israel to protect themselves with pizza trays, selfie sticks, guitars and umbrellas is a crime of the state against its citizens. A law abiding citizen, who has the basic skill required, is entitled to be able to defend himself and his surroundings,” he added, referencing the various makeshift “weapons” Israelis have used against attackers in recent years.

Permit holders can only have 50 rounds of ammo,that seem rather odd considering that they seem to be under a constant threat from the Arab states surrounding them.

“Sending the citizens of Israel to protect themselves with pizza trays, selfie sticks, guitars and umbrellas is a crime of the state against its citizens."

Or, Saturday night in NYC...

US Pols could probably learn something here:

Israel to Ease Gun Regulations | Breitbart

No way do we want our politicians to learn something from restrictive Israeli gun laws.

Israeli citizens must meet the following:

1) Must ask the state for a license (sounds familiar to MA).
2) Only permitted one gun at a time.
3) Ask the state for permission to sell a gun (40% are denied).
4) Limited to 50-rds in their possession at any time.
5) Must return or shoot old ammo before they can purchase new ammo (only can be done at tightly operated shooting ranges).
6) Need a reason for a gun.
7) Meet the usual minimum age.
8) No criminal history.
9) Be of sound mind.
10) Be in good physical health.
11) Israel "does not recognize a right to bear arms,..."

Thanks, but no thanks!

Comparing America to Israel on gun laws is dishonest – and revealing

About 40 years ago, reservists kept their Uzis at their homes. Since I think you were in the reserves until 50 or so, pretty much everyone a weapon in their residence. I do not remember if you were allowed to have ammo with the weapon. If you were on active duty, you traveled with your weapons. I fully remember sitting next to a soldier on a bus who handed me his rifle to examine. Magazines were not in, but on the person. Also remember during a bus ride hearing a bang, and in seconds you heard 4 or 5 mags going in, bus stopping and soldiers jumping out of the bus at the ready.

No idea if any of the above regarding reservists is still the case, or if soldiers still ride buses fully armed.

2) Only permitted one gun at a time.
Only permitted one gun, period!
The license has S/N of your gun printed. And there is room for one number only.
The only exception that I’m aware of is hunters, which might allow two hunting rifles if you hunt different game.

About 40 years ago, reservists kept their Uzis at their homes. Since I think you were in the reserves until 50 or so, pretty much everyone a weapon in their residence. I do not remember if you were allowed to have ammo with the weapon. If you were on active duty, you traveled with your weapons. I fully remember sitting next to a soldier on a bus who handed me his rifle to examine. Magazines were not in, but on the person. Also remember during a bus ride hearing a bang, and in seconds you heard 4 or 5 mags going in, bus stopping and soldiers jumping out of the bus at the ready.

No idea if any of the above regarding reservists is still the case, or if soldiers still ride buses fully armed.
When actively on reserve duty (~30 days per year) you carry your weapon with you, if you issued one, including ammo. So is during active duty. Not every soldier (active or reserve) is issued a weapon...
And sometimes as punishment you issued an M60 to carry. Ask me how I know... ;)

AFAIK their ranges are kinda like MFS, you can buy ammo there easily, albeit not cheaply. I don't think multiple purchases of ammo during one range trip are prohibited.
Correct, and recently they passed a law that only licensed citizens can shoot at the ranges! No more visitors or tourists. :(

When actively on reserve duty (~30 days per year) you carry your weapon with you, if you issued one, including ammo. So is during active duty. Not every soldier (active or reserve) is issued a weapon...
And sometimes as punishment you issued an M60 to carry. Ask me how I know... ;)

a.k.a. the "broom" because maneuvering that in a crowded bus is pain? [laugh]

I'd seen many bad girls in Israel, very bad, punished with carrying m60. Some were creatively decorated with hair scrunchies.

a.k.a. the "broom" because maneuvering that in a crowded bus is pain? [laugh]

I'd seen many bad girls in Israel, very bad, punished with carrying m60. Some were creatively decorated with hair scrunchies.
The problem that M60 doesn’t fit in 90% of cars (small). So on weekends you look for “friends” with “large” cars to go out with.
The cool factor of carrying M60 wears out pretty fast...:mad:

Wandered by a range in Jerusalem a few blocks from the Old City in April - closed on the Sabbeth.

Attachments

• 90C7D037-6BC4-4897-8162-6C5AFF8E63A2.jpeg
    90C7D037-6BC4-4897-8162-6C5AFF8E63A2.jpeg
    129.1 KB · Views: 16
Back
Top Bottom