Isosceles or Weaver stance

Status
Not open for further replies.
So which is faster, moving your hand 15 inches or 18 inches?

Whichever distance doesn't make you contort your body in a goofy position. I can draw and do 4 reloads in 5.0 seconds. I don't think that would be possible if I had to twist myself around.

Again you're citing some guy with a deagle as an example of how ISO sucks as a shooting stance? Not sure if serious. A gun that uses a weird hybrid gas and recoil operating system is not representative of 99.9% of autoloading handguns on the market. Even so much as looking at those guns the wrong way can cause them to jam.

-Mike

Gas systems work really well, look at the H&K P7s and PSP.

How else do I show people how it works other than pointing out with their own video. Really it showed what happens and did it several times. Then along comes another video that prove Deagles run good. If people can't visual compare and understand then what do you do, you move on because it is what it is.

Still bothers me a member would give me negative feedback, so is this common or is it just some members act that way?

Then along comes another video that prove Deagles run good.
And in that video, Jerry is shooting the Deagle in iso. Not Weaver. Care to weigh in?

Still bothers me a member would give me negative feedback, so is this common or is it just some members act that way?
Stop bitching about -rep. It means literally nothing.

If you don't like the way the members act here, go find an Oregon based shooters forum and drag your ass all over their carpet.

Crying over rep points is ****ing lame.

If I thought it was such a big deal then I woulda dunit sooner. Seriously, rep point whining is silly. Are your feelings so fragile that an imaginary point gets you tearful?

Primary problem with Weaver: Inability to engage targets from the weak side.
Secondary problem: Difficulty with reloads from either side.
Tertiary problem: Cannot be adapted to unconventional positions like those presented by a VTAC board.

You have not addressed a single one of these.

Gas systems work really well, look at the H&K P7s and PSP.

Those guns fire 9mm and don't have a frigging locking bolt and stuff in them. They're gas RETARDED blowback, not gas operated. The gas just slows the slide down enough so the gun doesn't beat itself to death or extract the cartridge too fast before the pressure has dropped. Hell the P7 is so well designed it will work without an
extractor in it.

The upper end of a PSP or P7 is probably a quarter of the complexity of the deagle.

How else do I show people how it works other than pointing out with their own video. Really it showed what happens and did it several times. Then along comes another video that prove Deagles run good. If people can't visual compare and understand then what do you do, you move on because it is what it is.

Jerry is smart enough to know: A. what ammo would work right with his gun to produce the most reliability and B. if the thing jams or ****s up, he's just going to re-shoot the video. My point is using that gun as some kind of a baseline to make an argument about shooting stances is kind of retarded.

Trolling and being circular will get you neg reps, sorry, facts of life bro.

-Mike

Whichever distance doesn't make you contort your body in a goofy position. I can draw and do 4 reloads in 5.0 seconds. I don't think that would be possible if I had to twist myself around.

Can you leap tall buildings in a single bound?[laugh] Sorry but I think I am butt hurt, try to have a decent conversation and get negative feedback. Started shooting at 9 years old with my own gun and I am 64 now. I have hunted and killed game and shot as a club member most of my life. Wore out machines reloading, 15 years an RO in one game alone and carried a gun in a life time of road work from age 21.

I think I will drop the conversation and go shoot at the club, like most of you guys but can't stand some of you. I ask if you don't like me then put me on ignore or don't talk to me. If you have to give me a negative review then tell the boys why you do it. Later guys..

Those guns fire 9mm and don't have a frigging locking bolt and stuff in them. They're gas RETARDED blowback, not gas operated. The gas just slows the slide down enough so the gun doesn't beat itself to death or extract the cartridge too fast before the pressure has dropped. Hell the P7 is so well designed it will work without an
extractor in it.

The upper end of a PSP or P7 is probably a quarter of the complexity of the deagle.

Jerry is smart enough to know: A. what ammo would work right with his gun to produce the most reliability and B. if the thing jams or ****s up, he's just going to re-shoot the video. My point is using that gun as some kind of a baseline to make an argument about shooting stances is kind of retarded.

Trolling and being circular will get you neg reps, sorry, facts of life bro.

-Mike

Well Mike if you think the honest discussion was trolling then I respect your opinion as a moderator and the discussion is done....

Can you leap tall buildings in a single bound?[laugh] Sorry but I think I am butt hurt, try to have a decent conversation and get negative feedback. Started shooting at 9 years old with my own gun and I am 64 now. I have hunted and killed game and shot as a club member most of my life. Wore out machines reloading, 15 years an RO in one game alone and carried a gun in a life time of road work from age 21.

I think I will drop the conversation and go shoot at the club, like most of you guys but can't stand some of you. I ask if you don't like me then put me on ignore or don't talk to me. If you have to give me a negative review then tell the boys why you do it. Later guys..

Are you backing off the bizarre claim that Weaver lets you reload faster?

Gangbangers be like

Rule4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom