• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Isn't the 'standard' magazine for G19 is 15 rounds?

sbi

So I moved to a "free" state, browsing online on a local, small (very small) mom-and-pop gun store (they also have an indoor range) and I'm looking for a standard, non-Massachusetts mag for my G19. I click on the Standard Mags and everything that comes up is 10 rounds.
I change to High Capacity and now the 15 rounds show up.
So what's going on, did the 'standard' change or is this Free State that goes down? Or just the local store that is playing games?

15 is standard for a G19. I know some non-MA based vendors that still call 15-rounders "high capacity" regardless.

Be happy that you can now by the 15rd magazines. I always look for the "neutered" 10rd mags for my travels to MA and CT, and they always cost more and are harder to find.

Just bought another(my third) G19 today. Normal mags are 15 rounds.

Some of the mag capacity that has been slightly confused with the G19X being 17 rounds.

Never has a normal G19 been 10 rounds.

So I moved to a "free" state, browsing online on a local, small (very small) mom-and-pop gun store (they also have an indoor range) and I'm looking for a standard, non-Massachusetts mag for my G19. I click on the Standard Mags and everything that comes up is 10 rounds.
So what's going on, did the 'standard' change or is this Free State that goes down? Or just the local store that is playing games?
The local, very small, mom and pop store that has inventory online likely doesn’t actually have a clue what or how anything is on their website… Many times you are just looking at a distributors inventory setup on a sub domain.

Isn't the low capacity 10 rounders technically single stack? Or is it just pin welded from the factory for liberal states? When I bought my first P30 it actually came with full sized 15 round mag bodies but were hard limited to 10 rounds from the factory, you could see the 15 witness holes but no way to squeeze in past ten. Wonder if they ran out of low cap mag bodies during that run.

Most manufactures put some sort of block on the 15/17 round mags or "dent" the mag body in so you can't go past 10. In glocks case they actually came out with single stack mags as a replacement.

Yes standard capacity. In groupthink feeltard states like Mass restricted magazines are mandatory (unless preban which can be dicey)

Some G19s come with 10-rounders, so I'd say both 10 and 15 rounders are standard. Think of it as of a car that can have a 4 cylinder or a 6 cylinder engine. The hi cap crap is meaningless.

"High capacity" is a terrible term because it doesn't actually mean anything. What's "high capacity"? 1+ more than standard? What is "high capacity" relative to? If it's to MA legal standards (10rds), it could still mean less than standard free state capacity, thus is it meaningless. If its to free state, that still doesn't mean anything. Is a G19 using a G17 mag "high capacity" because it's 2 more rounds, or is that just standard G17 capacity? Is a G19 with a 50rd drum high capacity, or was that drum designed to hold 50rds? Stupid nomenclature is stupid.

Some G19s come with 10-rounders, so I'd say both 10 and 15 rounders are standard. Think of it as of a car that can have a 4 cylinder or a 6 cylinder engine. The hi cap crap is meaningless.
NES Classifieds response:

WTS BNIB Glock 19 (4cyl) new rubber, new glass, custom chrome, ported exhaust. Never ran.

$2K quick sale before Marsha comes for them. And don’t leave those stupid laughing faces on my post I’m serious.

Back
Top Bottom