• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Isn't Red Dawn a great movie?

I hadn't seen this think in about 15 years....basically had forgotten about it. It is a great flick!

Funny thing....the General in charge in the begining knows enough to look for 4473 forms to know where to find the arms. Hmmmm...who else could do that in a times of trouble?

Last edited:
I heard they're remaking this. It's definitely in my top 5 favorites.

I don't hold out much hope that modern Hollywood wouldn't completely screw up the 'message' in a remake, though.

Excellent movie! They did a great job with all the mock-ups, from Soviet small arms to tanks.

This is a move that shaped my life as a kid. My friends and I spent a good portion of are child hood in the woods playing survivor because of that we stayed out of trouble and recorded free. I had forgotten about it until last year when I found a DVD of it at we-lmart for 5 bucks.

wolverines.jpg

Wolverines!

This is a move that shaped my life as a kid. My friends and I spent a good portion of are child hood in the woods playing survivor because of that we stayed out of trouble and recorded free. I had forgotten about it until last year when I found a DVD of it at we-lmart for 5 bucks.

ok, this is probably going to sound weird coming from a woman, but I did the same thing! I used to play with some local kids, and we would hide in the woods adn scream WOLVERINES when we attacked the other team playing Soviets and Americans.... yeah I know... weird but wow does it bring back some great memories.

The remake is supposed to be about the Chinese now instead of the original with the Russians. Filming has started, as I know someone in Michigan that was an extra. I dont think it will have as much impact as the original one. There was definetly more fear in the 80's about Russians attacking than there is now about a Chinese invasion.

I usually watch it about once a year. This year my g/f watched it with me, it was her first time seeing it. She loved it. She caught the use of the form 4473s right off the bat and made me pause the move so she could go on a rant of how bad of an idea the forms are. (No wonder I am marrying her!)

For a small fee I could've corrected thousands mistakes in Soviet uniforms, tactics, and especially "Russian" language. I saw the movie many years ago and from what I remember I think some of the actors were native Russian speakers. Obviously, director and screenwriter didn't ask their opinion on techicalities.

i've probably seen the movie 2 or 3 times. Never been able to catch it from beginning to end though. I always get like half way through and need to go do something. But the Level in Mw2 Wolverines! When i saw that im like oh yeah i know exactly whats gonna happen here. It's my favorite mission to play. I'm just dissapointed that you didnt go into one of the houses and find a totally tacticooled out M-4 carbine in someones safe or closet or something. One thats got extended mags, an acog, silencer, heartbeat sensor, and pretty much anything else they could stick on there. I think it would have been funny.The other thing that bothered me was that they didnt have any civilians fighting the russians.

The remake is supposed to be about the Chinese now instead of the original with the Russians. Filming has started, as I know someone in Michigan that was an extra. I dont think it will have as much impact as the original one. There was definetly more fear in the 80's about Russians attacking than there is now about a Chinese invasion.

The Chinese won't need to invade, they'll just buy the country! Sad, isn't it?

I usually watch it about once a year. This year my g/f watched it with me, it was her first time seeing it. She loved it. She caught the use of the form 4473s right off the bat and made me pause the move so she could go on a rant of how bad of an idea the forms are. (No wonder I am marrying her!)

That's a damn fine woman you have there! I picked it up right away.....and said to myself.....yeah, that's how they'll get the guns.

I have to give kudos to the film makers, in having that little bit about the 4473's in the movie. A normally liberal lot, that was almost like a warning about those forms.

Almost isn't even close, it was a warning...

John Milius and Kevin Reynolds wrote the movie that way, they were conservative and saw the dark side to what our government was doing.

I think that is first time I have ever heard anyone say that. I loved that movie! There are re-making it, and it is due out later this year.

Movie trailer : http://www.vidoemo.com/yvideo.php?i=TWVZQ2RwcWuRpMWlrXzA&red-dawn-remake-trailer=

Yeah, the guy must be unbalanced [wink]. The remake looks pretty good from the trailer, they're a little late with the release date I noticed.

...and said to myself.....yeah, that's how they'll get the guns.

Hmmmm, so you're saying if the hypothetical Chicom invasion was ever to take place, they're not going to buy the "boating accident" story if the guns are MIA??? [rofl]

Almost isn't even close, it was a warning...

John Milius and Kevin Reynolds wrote the movie that way, they were conservative and saw the dark side to what our government was doing.

Correctomundo! That's my thought as to why those jokers that hand out movie ratings (1 star, 2 star, 3, 4, ect...) gave it only one big shiny star.

Let's see, ridiculous plot, horrible acting, moronic writing, constantly rates one star out of four by every rating service, panned by every critical reviewer I've ever read. I thought it sucked.
Just my opinion.

A good movie?!?!?!?!?!
This movie doesn't stand the test of time. It was cool
back in the day,but now it's unwatchable!!!!!
Ya, cool gun stuff, but it holds water like a strainer.

I thought the trailer for the remake looked very good. Hopefully, the actual remake will live up to the trailer. According to this website the release date has been changed to 11/24/2010. Incidentally, the website says the trailer was made by a fan of the movie and wasn't an official release. Whoever made it did a good job. I may actually go to a theater to see this when it is released.

Back
Top Bottom