Is your kid participating in the "Walk Out"?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't live in Maine but a school up there warned the students they would be suspended if they tried this shit.

MGnoob

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
In my sarcastic opinion if you cant buy a firearm until 21 you have no right of free speech...it kind of proves without the second there is no first..

chindogg

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   1
Just wondering if kids in MA are planning to walk out this morning and if so, will they walk out with them? Also wondering if any kids will take a stand and not walk out. Lot of peer pressure there, but I'm thinking some might. If so, it will be kids from parents here on NES.

Though I am seeing a lot of schools opening late today, which alleviates the problem all together.
My son in high school decided to pass on the walk out. Made me proud.

CoastieRon

NES Member
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
How old are your kids? Are you opposed to them forming their own opinions and making their own decisions?
They are both 14, and go to different schools. One school did not participate, the other's did. I found out my daughter joined the walk out. I asked her what she was walking out of school for. She said to memorialize the 17 kids that were murdered. OK, that's a good enough reason for me. But my daughter is also a "I'll do anything to get out of the classroom" kind of person.

Not opposed to them forming their own opinions at all, as long as they can articulate why they did it, and what did it prove to anyone. If my daughter had said "we were protesting", it would have been 50 questions time with me, and she hates that.

ccm75

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I hear you. I have two 15 year olds and neither one of them participated.

My son simply said he didn't feel like it and questioned the reasoning behind it.
My daughter said she didn't like the political pressure and being told she really should go stand in the parking lot for 17 minutes....She chose not to go out and got the stink eye from many teachers who disapproved. She told one teacher that she had been praying for the victims and their families and paying respect in her own way. The political liberal brainwashing in the public school system is out of control...Part of the day's activities was a speech about gun control from some state rep.

This was supposed to be a optional activity but if you chose not to participate the faculty definitely noticed...My daughter said some teachers were "chirping her" for not going out.....She was not phased by it but it really got my blood boiling....

Top Bottom