Is two story shed possible?

Scrolling throufh CL years ago i see a newly built 10x20 shed for $2k. The next week it drops to $1k. I email the guy, go check it out and agree to buy it and leave a small deposit. Reason for sale? He had to sell it or face a fine because he had never pulled a permit. Not getting along with his neighbor didnt help either, which is why the town was alerted.
Solution: Stump wall.
@MGnoob

Funny aside: They were building this huge house on Bay Rd in Easton years ago. Maybe a decade. It's sorta set into the side of a hill on an old cattle farm. The perspective is all off. My then 15yo daughter says, "Look. They're gonna have a two-level basement. That would be so cool." [rofl] Yeah. I want MULTIPLE floors of no windows, honey. LOL
Sub-basement: dig it.

One of my neighbors put up a two story shed no permit...Claims its agriculturally exempt....It’s not but it worked for him.

Unfortunately this city is a bunch of one-way f***s. Mines an actual farm. But they shafted me for not having a permit.

My advice is you’re f***ed no matter what you do

I don't know any of the specifics but my cousin who lives in Woburn built a two story shed as a playhouse for his kids approx 15-20 years ago. What he told me was there was a limit in the dimensions of the footprint of a shed without getting a variance, but there were no restrictions against another story.

It’s usually anything under 120 ft.² doesn’t require a permit. That’s why people turn to put a second story on it but there are height limitations on the building. A shed with a loft is one thing but the actual two-story is probably going to require a permit unless you don’t have neighbors

Reaching out to the NES brain trust

I have a 10x20 shed in my back yard that pretty much sits on the ground in back yard. Want to knock it down and replace with a 2 story if possible (making the second floor into office space). Is this something allowed? Town of Waltham - anyone is/has experience with architects and town laws? Cant seem to find much online.

Sides are at least 10 feet off, back is probably 3 feet off property edge

Thanks
2 story shed on craigslist right now 8,000 unfinished.

Back
Top Bottom