Is Troy still bad??

Rockrivr1

NES Member
Troy Industries that is. I know they were in the toilet, reputation wise, a few years ago but not sure if they've rebounded since then. Was looking at some of their parts, but if they are still following the same stance as before I'll look elsewhere.

I think gun owner outrage at companies generally lasts a year or two. A lot better than average outrage, which tends to be about 3 weeks.

Except for those of us who are (or should be) committed.

I'm still mad about the locks on S&W revolvers.

I know the Springfield TRU (Swat Team) is issued a lot of troy equipment. I've messed around with a bunch of it shooting with those guys. I haven't seen any problems other than its pretty heavy.

I still haven't forgotten.
Nobody should.
You want to hire a murderer that's your choice.
Just like where I spend my money is mine.

Is there a statue of limitation on boycotts? It's been five years and the hate is still strong, it seems.

Ruger is long since not the same company that rolled over on the locks and magazine capacity, so I'm not too worried about funding them. Coonan is still on shaky ground with Evolve, as far as I'm concerned, though. As for Troy, I'm not taking off the parts before this all went down, but I haven't bought any new or used Troy stuff since, and there's worlds of gear out there that don't go toward funding murderers.

To each their own, but not buying from people that even peripherally support gun control, particularly when the product IS firearm-related, seems like about the least I can do.

now that theres at least 3 or 4 companies that make non shit buis theres no reason to buy troy anything. ( at one point that was literally the only product that they had where they beat everyone else at... because there weren't too many people making buis and there were only shitty mcshit companies like ARMS etcetera making them..) I'm surprised they're still in business. A lot of their guns need a serious diet anyways.... like at one point somehow they manage to take an AR and make it weigh a pound more than everyone else's does.... I bet even YHM skinflint gun will weigh less than the equivalent Troy product. ..

Is there a statue of limitation on boycotts? It's been five years and the hate is still strong, it seems.

It's very easy to have a boycott when they're basically not making anything that someone else isn't doing better/cheaper/lighter. It's like boycotting mcdonalds or something, lol.

Point of contrast, look at the Springfield Armory thing, that boycott lasted all of about 5 minutes. Then there are a bunch of "MA compliance fapper" types around who sit around constantly hitting refresh on the EOPS page to see when the new handgun roster gets posted (because they're too lazy to buy guns anywhere else other than four seasons etc) they are probably like "well, they finally put all those guns on the list, so their sins are all forgiven nao" lol

Of course then there is the other extreme, I guarantee that there are still a handful of people around here roiling their fist in the air for ignorant comments that bill ruger sr. said (he's dead, but that doesn't matter to them) and the HUD deal that S&W signed with the clinton administration (when S&W wasn't even owned by the
same people, lmao). Those guys probably still think that Bush Jr. is still president or something.

-Mike

Support Spike's Tactical. One of the, if not THE most vocal and active supporter of our rights in general. Nice people and quality stuff.

And they have Ben "Mookie" Thomas. And the "Snowflake" lower. :D

I have no problem with Troy hiring the cop who killed an innocent patriots wife and mother of his baby.

Ohh wow!!! My wife is about to give birth!!! TWINS!!!! I gotta go...

Does the
Josef Mengele Birthing Center Wing in Auschwitz Memorial Hospital still have a poor reputation?

Back
Top Bottom