• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Is "Top Shot" coming back this year?

Say what you want about the host, the competition on Top Shot is lots of fun to watch and, like most of you, maybe you've owned or currently shoot some of the great military stuff they bring in. Anyway, I can't see where they are coming back for a season 6. Anyone know for sure??

Rome

The drama was painful but I did like the shooting.

And other than the fact that it wasn't broadcast live, why was it on the History Channel?

The drama was painful but I did like the shooting.

That's what DVRs are for. I always fast-forwarded through the crap to the shooting.

And other than the fact that it wasn't broadcast live, why was it on the History Channel?

Because History Channel has, unfortunately, become the Reality TV Channel. Reality TV shows are very cheap to produce and are thus profitable.

Do a search on "Discovery Channel", History Channel, or even National Geographic Channel and look at the lineups. They suck. They really do suck. I don't know about you but I'd get tired of having someone pointing at me no matter where I went or what I did. Now the camera guys who are taping "The Most Dangerous Catch", the crab fishermen are, without a doubt, large testicle men of the first order. The rest of what is considered "reality tv" is a pale second.

Top Shot was a great show exhibiting talent. It was fun, forget the drama.

Rome

That's what DVRs are for. I always fast-forwarded through the crap to the shooting.

Because History Channel has, unfortunately, become the Reality TV Channel. Reality TV shows are very cheap to produce and are thus profitable.

Tell me you are not taking shots at 'Ax Men' on the history channel. That is top notch programming.

Do a search on "Discovery Channel", History Channel, or even National Geographic Channel and look at the lineups. They suck. They really do suck. I don't know about you but I'd get tired of having someone pointing at me no matter where I went or what I did. Now the camera guys who are taping "The Most Dangerous Catch", the crab fishermen are, without a doubt, large testicle men of the first order. The rest of what is considered "reality tv" is a pale second.

Top Shot was a great show exhibiting talent. It was fun, forget the drama.

Rome

Look at the tv channels geared toward women, TLC, A&E. As bad as the discovery ones are, kate plus 8, honey boo boo, etc. are 1000x worse. But yeah there is a lot of crap.

I wish Season 5 was on Netflix.

The one part of the drama I did enjoy was the know-it-all knucklehead operators always talking trash then getting shown up by some nobody who was just happy to be there.

- - - Updated - - -

Once again, DVR.

History Channel used to be great. Then it spiraled down the reality TV toilet.

When I started seeing COPS-like shows on it, I figured they were all caught up with history.

I wasn't a fan. I wanted to see real shooting, not manufactured drama and circus stunts.

I wasn't a fan. I wanted to see real shooting, not manufactured drama and circus stunts.

I would have much preferred something along the lines of:

1) One USPSA stage.
2) One IDPA stage.
3) One Bullseye stage.
4) One Bianchi stage.
5) One Service Rifle stage.
6) One F class rifle stage.
7) One Skeet shooting stage.

Score them all on a percentage basis (like USPSA) with the top shooter getting 100%. Add up the scores and see who is the best all around shooter.

I understand why that wouldn't work on TV because no exploding targets.

I wish Season 5 was on Netflix.

The one part of the drama I did enjoy was the know-it-all knucklehead operators always talking trash then getting shown up by some nobody who was just happy to be there.

- - - Updated - - -

When I started seeing COPS-like shows on it, I figured they were all caught up with history.

You mean the season where all the "real men" banded together to gang up on one guy and then got taken out one by one in the final shootoff by the Coast Guard guy they all decided to hate on for some reason? Then the meatheads proceeded to rig the final episode?

Those are REAL SOLDIERS. <cough> egotistical morons <cough>

That ended it for me.

I would have much preferred something along the lines of:

1) One USPSA stage.
2) One IDPA stage.
3) One Bullseye stage.
4) One Bianchi stage.
5) One Service Rifle stage.
6) One F class rifle stage.
7) One Skeet shooting stage.

Score them all on a percentage basis (like USPSA) with the top shooter getting 100%. Add up the scores and see who is the best all around shooter.

I understand why that wouldn't work on TV because no exploding targets.

You missed 3 Gun. Basically what they should have is one giant commercial for the shooting sports.

Last edited:
The most recent season, Top Shot All Stars, was basically drama-free. Just the best shooters from all seasons competing directly against each other. Less BS, more shooting. It was decent. The previous seasons pretty much sucked, other than the shooting scenes. If it did come back, they should stick to the All Star format.

Im fine with the drama, because it eventually gets settled with shooting.

Netflix only currently has season 1, which sucks, because i would rewatch them all. Looks like hulu has 3 and 4 for free.

They should at least try a all female or even a Jr. Show? I got bored with it very quickly.
I even have to watch impossible shots with the volume down....
I'm even bored with American rifleman now.

Im fine with the drama, because it eventually gets settled with shooting.

Netflix only currently has season 1, which sucks, because i would rewatch them all. Looks like hulu has 3 and 4 for free.

I actually just started watching these a few weeks back because I never saw the show when it was running on History channel. I've only seen a couple so far, but it's fairly entertaining. Not as much as the Bachelor of course though.[smile]

Why not have a take off on Top Shot and call it Bullet Babes? Have women in bikinis like some of you guys's avatars or Dillon's Blue Press compete in shooting contests which feature the athleticism and skills and other charms with lots of close ups so we can study various techniques and skills of the individual operators.

I know this is horribly sexist and offensive. I make no excuses, but let's face it as Neanderthal as it it is, it would, no doubt bring high ratings. Of course millions of shooters would condemn it but it I would liken it to the National Enquirer which nobody claims to buy, yet is replentished every week at the supermarket checkout.

Back
Top Bottom