Is this rifle mass legal? pleas help?

with all the great mass laws that we have NOT, I like the Mossberg 100 ATR Bolt Action Rifle .308.. Does anyone know if this is Mass compliant? Can it be ordered or bought from a local Mass dealer? Just wondring. Thanks Guys

Army Veteran

Bolt actions are not under the AWB so they're all legal in MA. Some dealers may not sell one or say they can't get one, but that doesn't have anything to do with the laws here.

-Mike

Best bet would be to contact a dealer, and ask if they will order one and transfer it to you. If not, look for a private sale.

Rifles work a bit differently. They only have to comply with the AWB. If a dealer can't sell it to you, it's actually illegal to own. Now, some dealers may be unfamiliar, so they either might sell it when it is in fact illegal, or not sell out of fear when it is in fact legal. This makes dealers a bad choice for determining legality.

That's a bolt action, so it is legal. Here's what's banned for rifles:

Semi-automatic rifles able to accept detachable magazines and two or more of the following:

Folding or telescoping stock
Pistol grip
Bayonet mount
Flash suppressor, or threaded barrel designed to accommodate one
Grenade launcher (more precisely, a muzzle device which enables the launching or firing of rifle grenades)

Not everyone is savvy in MA laws, including some of us who post here. He simply doesn't know, so he is asking for help. Why ask him why? You apparently already know your answer, don't give him a hard time about getting his.

[crying]

I don't think anyone is mass law savy, myself being very far from it. That being said i wrote that response because that rifle is the most basic of basic and has no evil features. Sorry to the OP i'll keep my sarcasm toned down.

[crying]

I don't think anyone is mass law savy, myself being very far from it. That being said i wrote that response because that rifle is the most basic of basic and has no evil features. Sorry to the OP i'll keep my sarcasm toned down.

Sarcasm and language is reserved for the selected few here [sad]

[crying]...i wrote that response because that rifle is the most basic of basic and has no evil features.

Just like most of the pistols you can't buy in MA. If you were new to the area, new to guns, of just "out of the loop" for many years and you went to guns shops and all you hear is "you can't buy this" and "you can't buy that", you'd probably ask about a simple bolt action being legal as well.

This is not a threat towards you, but some people have been very rude to some of the noobs asking simple questions, and it is all going to stop or they are going to find themselves on the "outside looking in".

Last edited:
Not everyone is savvy in MA laws, including some of us who post here. He simply doesn't know, so he is asking for help. Why ask him why? You apparently already know your answer, don't give him a hard time about getting his.

This.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom