• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Is This Legit? ACOG Bible References

Infinite Jester

Navy Veteran
http://bearingarms.com/obamas-anti-...bafbp&utm_medium=fbpage&utm_campaign=baupdate

ABC News nearly had an aneurysm over what they called "secret 'Jesus' Bible codes" in January of 2010, feeling that we weren't being culturally sensitive to the insurgent, al Qaeda, and Taliban terrorists that our soldiers were trying to kill, or to our nominal and incompetent allies in both Afghanistan and Iraq who were unaware that the references existed. The scripture references have always been part of Trijicon's product naming conventions.

Yup. We had them ground off our ACOGs. I have a picture I took (probably for this site) Ill see if I can dig it up.

Mike

Sent from my cell phone with a tiny keyboard and large thumbs...

Didn't they know about this going into the contract? I mean, isn't there a division of purchasing (God knows the gubbermint is big enough) that would have caught this before they were contracted to produce them? I have no problem with it, just wondering why they bought them, then decided it had to be removed.

God mentioned on all money, can't be listed on weapons to kill people because it's insensitive to hurt someone's feeling right before you emulsify their internal organs. [rolleyes]

DoD made them stop so no more on current production

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

God mentioned on all money, can't be listed on weapons to kill people because it's insensitive to hurt someone's feeling right before you emulsify their internal organs. [rolleyes]

Exactly what I was thinking when I read that! I wonder how long it will be before all this PC bullshit has them removing those references on our currency as well.[rolleyes]

They put them there because of their faith, and they wanted every US soldier to have the bible references in battle. They got vilified over it by the same idiots who make everyone take down anything related to Christianity, but build giant Satan statues. You know, the people who currently run the country.

There's quite a difference between a generic, diest reference to God on currency, and military equipment paid for by taxpayer dollar with distinctly Christian bible verses on it.

I'm not one of those people that thinks we need to get rid of the Christmas tree in town square, but frankly, I quite surprised most libertarians would be so hunky dory with such taxpayer money being spent to what, like it or not, amounts to a religious endorsement.

Though if I recall it was on acogs and referenced light... which sort of has to do with how the acogs worked. It also was just hidden in the product code or something. Literally nobody knew about it until that story broke... and the original story says we supposedly called them "jesus rifles...." yeah ok.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trijicon_biblical_verses_controversy

Mike

Last edited:
John 8:12. When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”

This was some really excellent trolling combined with a clever double meaning.

John 8:12. When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”

This was some really excellent trolling combined with a clever double meaning.

Exactly. I forget what the verse was on the Reflex II's that had to be ground off by the Gunner's Apes with a rock and chisel and finger painted black (or at least that's how it looked when they were done) but it was another double entendre 'light' reference.

Nobody noticed it until then because it was in minuscule letters next to the NSN that everyone automatically ignores.

There's quite a difference between a generic, diest reference to God on currency, and military equipment paid for by taxpayer dollar with distinctly Christian bible verses on it.

I'm not one of those people that thinks we need to get rid of the Christmas tree in town square, but frankly, I quite surprised most libertarians would be so hunky dory with such taxpayer money being spent to what, like it or not, amounts to a religious endorsement.

Isn't Trijicon a private company with a military contract? Libertarians would agree with letting them name their products whatever they want. The free market would abandon it if it was such a deplorable product. Of course I don't know the government's contract with Trijicon, but if someone ordered x amounts of my "beejaymistress3000" per year for 10 years and there wasn't a stipulation in the contract about making changes that have no bearing on performance, I'd tell them to get f'ed when they tell me how to name my products. My beejaymistress3000's are some of the best sights for the dollar! Grind the name off if you have to, they'll kill just fine!

Chick-fil-et contract to cater the next White House event?

When I was in Iraq in 09 we received a modification work order instruction to use an electric pencil to scratch out part of the SNs that had that code......and then submit IAR (inventory adjustment reports) to reflect the new SN (minus the scratched out portion) for proper accountability of all the ACOGS we had on our property book

So I guess it is legit. Last time I heard a company doing this was Bess Eaton back when i lived in Rhode Island. The owner was a recovering alcoholic and all the coffee cups had bible verses on them. Loved the hell out of their iced coffee.

Exactly. I forget what the verse was on the Reflex II's that had to be ground off by the Gunner's Apes with a rock and chisel and finger painted black (or at least that's how it looked when they were done) but it was another double entendre 'light' reference.

Nobody noticed it until then because it was in minuscule letters next to the NSN that everyone automatically ignores.

I was one of those apes and begrudgingly complied with my orders. However, I lovingly used a dremel with a fine grinding bit and matching touch up paint. ever since then, our ACOG's have failed to maintain zero. True story, they require constant rezeroing and generally suck at their jobs. I think it would take an old priest and a young priest to fix them.

A rifle optic = religious endorsement?

This is exactly what appeared in the optic

"ACOG8X32JN8:32"

Trijicon is also a privately owned company.

Our currency states " In God we trust" , this is printed, distributed and solely controlled by only a government entity....

Your argument and point are hollow and lacking substance. .. and yes, you sound like one of those moonbats that demands Christmas trees must be torn down

Last edited:
Must all soldiers named Jesus be discharged and painted black?
How about James.or Barabbas?
Mohammed good to go?

Who be scrapin' the name off the Hellfires?

Enola Happy?

Last edited:
I was initially a supporter of the "war on terror" back when it started. When I was in seattle for a recruiting conference, a protest was going on outside the hotel. I had some downtime and wanted to see the city and the city was literally filled with the Che t shirt wearing set.

So that annoyance aside, I was trying to get to the first Starbucks, you know, just because. A kid was actually on a bullhorn saying it was unfair of the US military to be using "advanced equipment" against the Taliban, who "only have rusty AK47s and no aircraft, its not fair"

Given that I was outnumbered, it was probably not as wise an idea for me to laugh out loud every time he spoke.

But that is the mentality of the "other side."

A company that has the best product for the job also happens to be run by people of strong faith - Governments answer = FU, change your product to suite me. Yeah, that's religious freedom right there.

From thier mission statement
Morality
We believe that America is great when its people are good. This goodness has been based on biblical standards throughout our history and we will strive to follow those morals.

If you have an issue with five characters in tiny print on the side of a combat scope, you need some soap and a bucket of water to wash the sand out.

When I was in Iraq in 09 we received a modification work order instruction to use an electric pencil to scratch out part of the SNs that had that code......and then submit IAR (inventory adjustment reports) to reflect the new SN (minus the scratched out portion) for proper accountability of all the ACOGS we had on our property book

It was on the magnification/lens description not the serial... the serials are laser-dot printed on the eyepiece and main body on the top. Unless you guys kept all those written down as well, which wouldnt surprise me.

On another note I dont see how it would effect zero.

Back
Top Bottom