NES Member
eeb1b32c.jpg

Name:
FINNISH M-31 SUOMI 9MM SUBMACHINE GUN
Item#:
FIFIM31
Price/ea:
Wholesale Price: $695.00

ATF APPROVED SEMIAUTOMATIC VERSION OF THE FAMOUS SUOMI M31. COPIED BY THE RUSSIANS TO MAKE THE PPSH-41 AFTER IT WAS USED VERY EFFECTIVLY AGAINST THEM IN THE FINNISH WINTER WAR. CHAMBERED IN 9MM AND USING STICK AND DRUM MAGAZINES. THE BARREL AND SHROUD HAVE BEEN EXTENDED TO 16" LENGTH. THIS ITEM WILL NOT BEGIN SELLING UNTIL JULY WITH SEPTEMBER DELIVERY 2006.

No pistol grip magazine, no folding stock, no grenade launcher. Are the magazines milsurp and thus pre-ban? If so, then I don't see any problems, but I'm not a lawyer...

If this is either in non-SAW config or a pre-ban, it's perfectly legal with a LTC-B or better and the mag only needs to be pre-ban to be legal on any gun.

I betting this sucker is definitely C&R. I don't think production continued much further than WW2 era. Magazines, parts, etc. should all be over 50 years old, however they are not listed as C&R eligible on the web site.
This is from a company that takes machine guns and turns them into semi auto versions. They sell Bren Mk2s, Russian DP28s, etc. The SUOMI and the Russian PPSH41 are the only ones in my price range ($600) with non folding stocks.
It says ATF aproved. I don't know if these are new receivers with guns built from torch cut receiver parts kits. I'm thinking they are.

If it is a new receiver (many are), then status depends on config and when it was built (likely after the MA AWB went into effect).

Question is will they ship it to MA? FFL and legalities be damned.

I looked at the website and this was on their order form...

"High capacity magazine are restricted and not sold to the following states: DC, CA, HA, MA, MD, NYC, and NJ. Ammunition is restricted and not sold in the
following states: MA, NYC, DC, and Cook County IL. All arms must ship to qualified Licensee.Please check all state and local laws before
placing an order".

With some mail order outfits, it doesn't matter if the mags are pre-ban or not...
they'd just not rather deal with the issue. One option is asking if they'll sell
the firearm without the mag (leaving you to your own resources to buy mags), but they might not even be willing to do that.

True, I can get all the SUOMI and PPSH mags I want from some vendors that stock such items, plus ammo. Problem seems to be getting the actual gun.
Think I'll send them an e mail and find out.

Get it shipped to a dealer in NH, take a drive North and do the Fed paperwork.

All nice and legal, just do the FA-10 as "registration" when you bring it back to MA.

Most places won't have a problem shipping to a NH FFL and if they do, you probably want to avoid doing business with them anyway!

Back
Top Bottom