• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Is this an "assault clip"

dhuze

NES Member
An island surrounded by land on three sides
I saw this 1911 magazine in a gun shop. It's a 50 round magazine. It looked like it was made very well. I even considered buying just for a novelty. I just didn't want to spend $89 on it.

IMG00122-20110416-1026.jpg

Sure is... you can use it to assault someone by beating them over the head with it when you get an FTF.

I have a berretta 92fs mag that holds 35ish rounds. I dont know how many it holds, it always seems to have a different amount of capacity depending on the day.

Sometimes its 30, others its 35 and others in between. It doesnt feed super well when you cram in more then 32 rounds though.

Drum mags are often very problematic. There's only a few designs I've seen that seem ok, but they're often much more expensive than the $90 for the one you're talking about.

How would you holster it?

Do they make an Uplula speed loader for it? That might help with the 50th round. And don't forget the +1 round that can also be in the chamber.... that extra round could make all the difference in a gun battle that you would have lost with only 50.

How would you holster it?

Do they make an Uplula speed loader for it?

Yeah, they call it a speed loader, but it still takes a while...

....That might help with the 50th round. And don't forget the +1 round that can also be in the chamber.... that extra round could make all the difference in a gun battle that you would have lost with only 50.

True.

I know it's a cliche, but, if you can't get the job done in 49 rounds, you're not training enough.

No, it is an extended magazine. As a general rule, if it has a spring, it is a magazine and not a "clip".

Assault is an action, what you have depicted here is an object.

Seen these once or twice before. They are a First World War design, intended for trench warfare. Beat the hell out of a Springfield in close, when shotguns weren't available.

Back
Top Bottom