• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Is this a real firearm?

Be a good neighbor, tell those people to sand blast that thing and re-paint it to protect it.

I bet that person has a nice collection in the basement.

Be a good neighbor, tell those people to sand blast that thing and re-paint it to protect it.

I bet that person has a nice collection in the basement.

It's probably outside some VFW.
They had one outside the one in Georgetown for as long as I've been alive.
Come to think of it, I wonder where it ended up after it closed.

Is this a common thing in NH? This one is right in the center of my town. Does anybody know what it is?

Attachments

• 2020-09-15_9-05-25.jpg
    2020-09-15_9-05-25.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 70
Is this a common thing in NH? This one is right in the center of my town. Does anybody know what it is?
That is a Vickers Maxim 37MM or some variation there of. There were a number of them. From the Maxim PomPom to Vickers models. But that specifically looks like a Vickers.

It's probably outside some VFW.
They had one outside the one in Georgetown for as long as I've been alive.
Come to think of it, I wonder where it ended up after it closed.
Not trying to be a smartazz. I wonder if they just dumped it in the back of the tank killer out front and left it there ? I'm surprised they didn't get rid of that either, now that the VFW is a church. Paul

Old Hotchkiss and an old Vickers, kinda sad so many of those old guns became lawn ornaments. Would take a lot of work to bring them back to life.

Wouldn’t take too long I bet you it’s a simple as replacing the barrel and cutting all the welds off. I bet you it’s not demilled properly still has the right side plate....

RC

Not trying to be a smartazz. I wonder if they just dumped it in the back of the tank killer out front and left it there ? I'm surprised they didn't get rid of that either, now that the VFW is a church. Paul

I'm kind of surprised too.
You would have thought someone would have taken that.
Spent a lot of time over the years there.
Wedding receptions, family reunions .
Birthday bashes. Ect.

I'm kind of surprised too.
You would have thought someone would have taken that.
Spent a lot of time over the years there.
Wedding receptions, family reunions .
Birthday bashes. Ect.
I've only been in there for a couple of 50th anniversaries, hiked the woods behind it alot, but never joined, Paul

Back
Top Bottom