• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Is this a good deal?

Not sure if its a good or not. Always built my uppers. I do know you can get $30 off also cuz its over $300. Well unless they dont allow you to use it because it already on sale lol

Dollar for dollar, you are probably better off looking at basic MA-compliant complete rifles. Aside from buying a compensator/brake, a rear sight, a lower, and a magazine, you also will need to consider the labor costs to make this rifle compliant (pinning & welding the muzzle device, cutting the bayonet lug off the front sight, and blind pinning the stock).

Del-Ton is not traditionally known as a high-end manufacturer, but the specs listed do look pretty good.

These guys USED to give discounts to C&R Holders.

I don't know if they still do, or if it is a good deal.

Just bringing up something that could be relevant.

Sadly, Midway no longer offers any FFL discounts, whether you have a C&R or a dealers/manufacturers license.

Thanks for the info, guys. I appreciate it. I've got a stripped lower, mags, and looking to try my hand at building one from scratch.

I've had a Stag 2L for a while and am looking to make myself a righty AR.

Check out palmetto state armory

This won't apply to you as you're in PRM, but Palmetto won't ship any AR parts at all to Connecticut.

It takes a little looking around, but they have a pretty extensive statement of stuff they won't ship to certain states.

This won't apply to you as you're in PRM, but Palmetto won't ship any AR parts at all to Connecticut.

It takes a little looking around, but they have a pretty extensive statement of stuff they won't ship to certain states.

**** that noise. If you really want something from PSA let me know. I'll just drive there, pick it up and ship it to you. Their 3 stores in the state are all ~45 min-1hr away from me.

**** that noise. If you really want something from PSA let me know. I'll just drive there, pick it up and ship it to you. Their 3 stores in the state are all ~45 min-1hr away from me.

Well - that's certainly one way around that kind of BS. Thank you for the offer.

I ordered three kits a couple of months ago, they accepted the order, processed it, charged my card, then told me they wouldn't ship it and were going to charge me a 20% fee. I was *pissed*. Sent back an email, didn't get a response. Called them, and they were much more reasonable on the phone. They cancelled the order, didn't try to charge me a fee, but I won't be doing business with them again.

Their system accepted my order, charged my card immediately, then they refused to ship it, and then it took a week for them to credit it back. They *DO* have a page on their site stating that they don't ship ANY AR parts to CT, (along with a host of other restrictions), but I didn't notice it, and there were no flags in the ordering/payment process.

If I *really* wanted the parts from them, I'd just use a burner gift card and ship them to a buddy in another state; (hey, isn't that what you just offered to do?) - but there's nothing I really want badly enough from them. They're refusing to ship ANY AR parts to Connecticut - even though the only part that's restricted is the lower; their policy is craven capitulation to the aholes that run this state that I live in.

</rant>...

<breathe>...

My wife is in Georgia this week. Today she's meeting with the builder to hand over a check and sign the paperwork to officially begin the process of getting us the fck out of here...

I just got all the parts to my 300 blkout upper.

$45 for the stripped upper (Damage Industries)
$119 for the barrel (Ballistic Advantage)
$50 for a knock off NSR
$106 for FA BCG (with free CH), upper parts kit and pistol gas tube (Surplus Arms Ammo aka Aero Precision).
$85 for the muzzle device

Last edited:
I've built like 10 AR's over the last few years using bargain kits (sub 600$), and the 20" Del-Ton I had for a bit was the only one of those that I had issues with (100% Del-Ton gun) -- it short stroked, the front sight was canted, and magazines didn't seat right.

Now since that's anecdotal, a buddy of mine built a 16" carbine using a Del-Ton kit and a Del-Ton lower, and had no issues with it.

Personally, I stick to PSA or Andro Corps for bargain uppers now though if it's cheaper than building.

My wife is in Georgia this week. Today she's meeting with the builder to hand over a check and sign the paperwork to officially begin the process of getting us the fck out of here...

Congrats! What part of GA?

Personally, I stick to PSA or Andro Corps for bargain uppers now though if it's cheaper than building.

I hear ya. Sometimes you just can't build it cheaper. I saw a deal a few weeks ago, 8.5 in 300blk upper w/ BCG, CH and buffer tube assy. for $299. I priced out all the parts used to build the upper. I couldn't have built it w/the same parts for less than $450.

Congrats! What part of GA?

I hear ya. Sometimes you just can't build it cheaper. I saw a deal a few weeks ago, 8.5 in 300blk upper w/ BCG, CH and buffer tube assy. for $299. I priced out all the parts used to build the upper. I couldn't have built it w/the same parts for less than $450.

You can build one for very close to $299. Just gotta be savvy and find the deals.

The 9" barreled (which are usually more expensive than 8.5 barrels) upper I just put together would have been $335 if I didn't get a specific muzzle device.

Last edited:
I would consider myself an AR novice, but i gotta say just how impressed i've been with the BCM uppers for the price. their keymod rail system is sick too.

Back
Top Bottom