• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Is there really a need for an Electronic Trigger Group? MDT says YES!

I can see F class shooters using this.

This part...
The electronics allow for firmware updates which lead to future development, such as pairing with electronic devices and applications

I can't wait to see all the idiots pairing their rifles to their phones.

I can see F class shooters using this.

This part...

I can't wait to see all the idiots pairing their rifles to their phones.
I can see a few, rich Sharpshooters who are always looking for the latest and greatest new gadget, will try it. The guys that are winning probably won't have anything to do with it.

Can I get an electronic trigger to set off my electronic trigger? I mean, every trigger has at least some movement somehow. A no-move trigger would be best. Hell, can't they hook teh thing up to my brain directly. What's it take, some 18ga wire and a cordless drill, right? Maybe a few Tylenol to dull the pain.

I'm not nearly accurate enough to consider an electronic trigger. Hell, you can hand me a match rifle and an old Yugo SKS and I'd probably pull similar scores. LOL

There have been electronic trigger aporoval requests ages ago but they were all rendered illegal by the ATF because of the BS nostrum of turning stuff into a machine gun.... that's probably why this is confined to a bolt gun so nobody can make that claim realistically.....
Until the ATF decides to re-evaluate their opinion and turn a bolt action rifle into a semi bolt automatic action rifle.

Let me ask an old pistol team shooter who was looking for a jump start to his dead battery trigger on his Pardini. 😂
My old reliable Pardini shot just fine that night and I carried spare batteries for my AimPoint cause of what PatMcD wrote. That’s embarrassing. I always checked my sight as soon as the gun came out of the box then I’d worry about the other shit setting up.

Until the ATF decides to re-evaluate their opinion and turn a bolt action rifle into a semi bolt automatic action rifle.
a magazine/tube fed assault weapon.

this is a term we move toward, to justify a ban of all pistols, rifles and shotguns.
because there is no need nor place in our great society for such dangerous items.

Good luck with that. Even with the mental gymnastics they do, they wouldn't be able to accomplish that, simply because you pull the trigger, then need to cycle the bolt manually. No matter how many more times you pull that trigger, nothing will happen until you manually cycle the bolt.

But I wouldn't put it past them to try, I am sure they have a couple of nerds sitting in an obscure basement trying to figure out if that is possible.

Good luck with that. Even with the mental gymnastics they do, they wouldn't be able to accomplish that, simply because you pull the trigger, then need to cycle the bolt manually. No matter how many more times you pull that trigger, nothing will happen until you manually cycle the bolt.

But I wouldn't put it past them to try, I am sure they have a couple of nerds sitting in an obscure basement trying to figure out if that is possible.
What'll happen is somebody will "discover" a semiauto design that uses a drop-in trigger for the 700. Then this trigger group will become an illegal machinegun.

a magazine/tube fed assault weapon.

this is a term we move toward, to justify a ban of all pistols, rifles and shotguns.
because there is no need nor place in our great society for such dangerous items.
Don’t forget the bolt action sniper rifle or the 12 gauge trench gun. All in time

I agree but it seems like re-classification is the other of the day and there's probably more than a few of them trying to figure out how to further infringe.

I've used this trigger and I am close with the design team. Its very legit. The key is there is no trigger movement. Its essentially a load cell that breaks and stays still. They ran this trigger on a demo gun all week at shot show and it was used and abused and they counted all cycles it saw and it ran fine. For F class, PRS, NRL, etc... this will be one of the most popular triggers once its released. I say all of this having shot calvin elites, tt diamonds, bix's, flavio's etc....

This is a niche thing that will only ever get traction in spacegun type builds anyways, cant see it being mainstream. Avg joe hunter or shooter isn't going to want to have something tethered to a battery.
this will cost more than the average joe's savage axis. Likely a 6-10k prs rig.

I've used this trigger and I am close with the design team. Its very legit. The key is there is no trigger movement. Its essentially a load cell that breaks and stays still. They ran this trigger on a demo gun all week at shot show and it was used and abused and they counted all cycles it saw and it ran fine. For F class, PRS, NRL, etc... this will be one of the most popular triggers once its released. I say all of this having shot calvin elites, tt diamonds, bix's, flavio's etc....
Like I have said, F class will love it.

Assuming the trigger is not a giant pile of garbage.

This is a niche thing that will only ever get traction in spacegun type builds anyways, cant see it being mainstream. Avg joe hunter or shooter isn't going to want to have something tethered to a battery.
From what I hear, the average hunter can't sight their rifle before the hunt, so I doubt they even care about a trigger.

you can probably cycle the bolt mechanically, I'm sure someone has done it and posted the vid.

The idea of electronic trigger has merit. that said, if there is no direct connection to the firing, what stops someone from using eye blinking sensor as a triggering mechanism? blink twice to fire or some such. What about attaching a sensor that looks in the scope, records the motion of the reticle witt relationship to the target and fires at the precise moment to get perfect hit? Rifle competitions will become super boring.

It will be interesting how MDT solved the problem of the solenoid knowing the difference from a pull of the trigger vs dropping the rifle or anything else that could accidentally discharge the weapon.

What about attaching a sensor that looks in the scope, records the motion of the reticle witt relationship to the target and fires at the precise moment to get perfect hit?
You mean TrackingPoint?
Animated GIF

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pmteh_NChOQ

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjaMs-F5nRI

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtRHNHqykUM

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKldy2YNAHk

It will be interesting how MDT solved the problem of the solenoid knowing the difference from a pull of the trigger vs dropping the rifle or anything else that could accidentally discharge the weapon.
if I'm understanding the post a few above yours correctly, it's relying on a load cell sensor in the trigger that would need to sense pressure in that spot for it to fire, versus say, relying on a spring/microswitch setup where it could "bounce".

Back
Top Bottom