Is there an equivalent of “The Mill” in NH? Commercial/FFL space

Does anyone know if there is a NH-equivalent of the Mill in Littleton, MA?

I am looking for a small, friendly space in the southern NH area.

Thanks in advance.

Not that I'm aware of and I lived in NH for a couple years recently. I was just up there today. Might be a good idea to get one started because not only has Riley's closed, but Skip's in Bristol is closing up effective December 2020.

69100443_2702109666475001_7086160778100736000_o.png

There's not much reason for it in NH. We have plenty of gun stores, and they can order almost anything.

The Mill is a shared space that gives a physical location for FFLs who do custom orders or transfers.

NH and lots of other states allow folks to get FFLs for their homes with various restrictions such as signage, employees and parking. In Mass you need a place that is not a residence to keep your records. That's why the Mill. My intent originally was to house 10 FFLs. Then it took off. Boston ATF likes us because it gives them work. The town hates us because some folks on the boards are liberal democrat shitheads. Jack.

I figured as much. Basically I’m looking for an off-site business/storage location. Commercial space exists here and is generally cheap but was hoping there was some sort of community already.

Maybe I’ll check out some of the mill buildings in Nashua.

I figured as much. Basically I’m looking for an off-site business/storage location. Commercial space exists here and is generally cheap but was hoping there was some sort of community already.

If I can help with any questions, PM me. Or call me mornings at 978-486-8975. Jack.

Don’t forget zoning. That will dictate where you should look.

OP, I've been looking around for the same sort of thing. I have a storage unit and I was hoping to find space that could double as that and a location for an FFL, but I'm cheap and what I'm finding is either too high $$$ or too high (not first floor) in old mills that don't have working elevators. I do see the occasional space in really bad areas, but that doesn't work for me. Might be something that can be split 50/50?

OP, I've been looking around for the same sort of thing. I have a storage unit and I was hoping to find space that could double as that and a location for an FFL, but I'm cheap and what I'm finding is either too high $$$ or too high (not first floor) in old mills that don't have working elevators. I do see the occasional space in really bad areas, but that doesn't work for me. Might be something that can be split 50/50?

I’m also looking for something cheap and am open to a split. Otherwise I may end up with a storage unit as well. Will report back if I see anything.

The $1,000/yr SOT isn't exactly a candlelit dinner and soft whispers.

Cheap compared to a post-86 anything, these days. It's a less insane way to have a stable of MGs vs time.

ETA: Obviously not the entirety of expenses, but you get the idea... when an M4 RDIAS goes for 30 grand it makes an 07 look pretty appealing.

-Mike

Last edited:
Waumbec Weaponry is (was?) operating out of the former Waumbeck Mill on Commerical St. in Manchester, NH. He had a tiny office, and just uses it to do transfers. I'm sure that the rent is NOT cheap, since it's owned by Brady-Sullivan. I find it funny since so many of the other business right beside him are probably liberal dreams (dance studios, music studio, artsy-craftsy places).

Cheap compared to a post-86 anything, these days. It's a less insane way to have a stable of MGs vs time.

ETA: Obviously not the entirety of expenses, but you get the idea... when an M4 RDIAS goes for 30 grand it makes an 07 look pretty appealing.

-Mike
True, but pre samples and fully transferrable still cost the same. The post samples are (relatively) cheap, but you're effectively just renting them for so long as you continue to pay the annual SOT.

Waumbec Weaponry is (was?) operating out of the former Waumbeck Mill on Commerical St. in Manchester, NH. He had a tiny office, and just uses it to do transfers. I'm sure that the rent is NOT cheap, since it's owned by Brady-Sullivan. I find it funny since so many of the other business right beside him are probably liberal dreams (dance studios, music studio, artsy-craftsy places).
Thing there was a reloader in there as well?

Well, back when you guys were still pissing your pants, the SOT was $200/yr. That's when I picked up the 1928A1 Thompson PS for $500 and the M3A1 Grease Gun PS for $200. Since then, as the family grew up, the sons and now the grandkids are/have been shooting the hell out of them. When my number comes up, my FFL/SOT son in NH will end up with them. If all goes well, future generations will be able to have full auto fun. The price of the SOT has been well worth it. Glad that I did it. Jack.

I'm cheap and what I'm finding is either too high $$$ or too high (not first floor) in old mills that don't have working elevators
In my experience looking at commercial space around Nashua & Manchester, that's been the common theme -- the cheap mill building space is always upstairs. The non-profit I help out ended up in a building with a red-tagged freight elevator :)

Don’t forget zoning. That will dictate where you should look.
Anyplace zoned for commercial/retail/industrial should work, under RSA 159:26, towns are limited to "adopt(ing) zoning ordinances for the purpose of regulating firearms or knives businesses in the same manner as other businesses", can't make special rules just for gun manufacturers.

The only remaining hurdle in state law would be RSA 159:8, a town-issued license "to sell at retail pistols and revolvers".

In my experience looking at commercial space around Nashua & Manchester, that's been the common theme -- the cheap mill building space is always upstairs. The non-profit I help out ended up in a building with a red-tagged freight elevator :)

Anyplace zoned for commercial/retail/industrial should work, under RSA 159:26, towns are limited to "adopt(ing) zoning ordinances for the purpose of regulating firearms or knives businesses in the same manner as other businesses", can't make special rules just for gun manufacturers.

The only remaining hurdle in state law would be RSA 159:8, a town-issued license "to sell at retail pistols and revolvers".
So if you were only doing transfers, plus manufacturing and sales to other FFLs, you wouldn't need the town permit. Since it only pertains to "sell at retail", right? [smile]

So if you were only doing transfers, plus manufacturing and sales to other FFLs, you wouldn't need the town permit. Since it only pertains to "sell at retail", right? [smile]
There's only been one test case, and "at retail" came up in the deliberation.

Anybody know if ATF insists applicants comply with state law 159:8 before they will issue a retail FFL to a NH-based entity?

Anybody know if ATF insists applicants comply with state law 159:8 before they will issue a retail FFL to a NH-based entity?
That would be interesting since you need to already have the FFL to apply for the retail license. And who says you need to get an 03 retail FFL? Just get the 07

Can anyone give this test case?

ATF just cops out and says that you need to comply with all state and local laws. Once you have the FFL, just show it to the PD and get the retail license. Renew it each time you renew the FFL. Simple. Jack.

Can anyone give this test case?
I was referring to NH v Geddes (2004)No. 04-S-104.:
ROBERT J. LYNN - Chief Justice said:
Because the indictment in this case contains no allegation that the defendant was engaged in the business of selling pistols or revolvers at retail, and thus was required to be licensed under RSA 159, it fails to allege all the necessary elements of a violation of RSA 159:10. See State v. Therrien, 129 N.H. 765, 770 (1987) (indictment must allege all the elements of an offense). Accordingly, the defendant’s motion to dismiss is hereby granted.

Back
Top Bottom