• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Is there an equivalent of “The Mill” in NH? Commercial/FFL space

While I'd still get the retail license, I'm comfortable with a transfer not being a retail sales. Unfortunately I have to point to MA for an example. Sales taxes are applied at the point of sale, an Internet sale with a local transfer does not have the transferring FFL charging sales tax, therefore it's not a retail sales.

Do you have the FFL? Did you ask for the license? Jack.
I'm not there yet. At least not now. Had 2 (MA and NH) way back when it was easy. This time around I'm thinking 07, and unlike before I can't run it from my basement office. So I need to look a bit more closely at the costs/benefits.

I'm not there yet. At least not now. Had 2 (MA and NH) way back when it was easy. This time around I'm thinking 07, and unlike before I can't run it from my basement office. So I need to look a bit more closely at the costs/benefits.
Maybe you can run it out of your basement. Son Lance has had the FFL in three different NH towns for many years as a home occupation. Call ATF Boston and talk to Lisa B or Mike G or Christine H or Terry S. PM me if you want the contact #s. Jack.

Maybe you can run it out of your basement. Son Lance has had the FFL in three different NH towns for many years as a home occupation. Call ATF Boston and talk to Lisa B or Mike G or Christine H or Terry S. PM me if you want the contact #s. Jack.
Unfortunately, when I sold my house in MA, I was in a big hurry, had a new job starting, so I rent for the time being. I think it would be hard for me to do an 07 from an apartment. But when that changes I just might reach out for those numbers. In the meantime I'm going to keep looking for some suitable cheap space.

To do this, you would need a type 1 FFL plus a class 3 SOT? What does a type 1 FFL cost?

Again, he needs to talk to ATF, especially where he is renting. There will need be an OK from the landlord. And the zoning must be OK.
Good reasons to rent a commercial space, even where local zoning permits a "home occupation" (some NH towns specifically list "firearms repair" as an example of an acceptable home occupation). Maybe grab the latest ATF list of FFL's by type and see where there are already type 7s registered?

Or maybe just join us here at the Mill? Jack.
I had a spot there, but it was just too far away when I was in MA, still too far now that I'm in NH. Wouldn't mind doing it in MA, it would make the LTC simpler, but I need enough space so I can also get rid of my storage unit and that makes it too much $$ in MA.

I had a spot there, but it was just too far away when I was in MA, still too far now that I'm in NH. Wouldn't mind doing it in MA, it would make the LTC simpler, but I need enough space so I can also get rid of my storage unit and that makes it too much $$ in MA.
I thought there was no storage at The Mill?

Not that I'm aware of and I lived in NH for a couple years recently. I was just up there today. Might be a good idea to get one started because not only has Riley's closed, but Skip's in Bristol is closing up effective December 2020.

69100443_2702109666475001_7086160778100736000_o.png
First thing you see in the door was the Tommygun in the vertical glass case ! RIP.

Back
Top Bottom